Puck Off The Beaten Path Tips by Skeptic-jr
Puck Off The Beaten Path: 1 reviews and 1 photos
Hypothetical recontruction, basements & oven
It is not a castle or even its relics, but an archeological site. Unfortunately the castle was take down in 19th c.
The Puck Castle was built on the verge of 14th-15th century by the Crusaders and quickly becomes one of the centers of their administration. After Poland regained the Gdansk Pomerania in 1454 until 1795 the castle was a residence of the royal administrator for the region. A huge enlargenent in 16th c. made the castle an improtant element of Polish sea-defency policy.
From the 1991 there are archeologistical works there. Till now the academics found between others basements of the first castle building, fragments of the old gate and the oven used in castle's baths.
Skeptic-jr's Related Pages
Puck Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Puck
- Transportation in Puck
- Restaurants in Puck
- Shopping in Puck
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Puck
- 5 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Puck?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puck
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 128 reviews, 176 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eger Intro, 30 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torun Intro, 31 reviews, 32 photos
- Piran Intro, 20 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Rovinj Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tihany Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hajduszoboszlo Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Balatonfured Intro, 14 reviews, 12 photos
- Szydlow Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue