"Tampere" Tampere by laurenzia

Tampere Travel Guide: 608 reviews and 1,132 photos

Anything you need you can find it here (almost)

So, this is the other city I'm living in. It is a big-small-city. Just right size for me :D Here lives over 200 000 inhabitants in Tampere. I call it a big-small-city because the Centre is quite small in my opinion. But I like it. You don't have to walk so much...

Tampere is between two lakes, on the north is Näsijärvi and on the south Pyhäjärvi.

The town is over 200 years old and it can be seen from the architecture, very beautiful buildings ;)

Tampere was the first industrial town in finland and you can see that too from the buildings..

AND it was in Tampere in which we had our first electric light in Nordic countries.. hahaaa :-D

The nature is very near... I have to walk only a 2kilometers from The Center of Tampere to the naure park of Pyynikki...

• Pros:The location is great, I would say the best in finland ;) Nature is beautiful and the city too. You can find so many entertaiment here while visiting/living!
  • Cons:I'll be thinking about this... real hard!
  • Intro Updated Jun 1, 2004

• Turska's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2008 at 1:03 AM

Huomasin,että tykkäsit myös Il Fornosta-on valittvasti vaan ollut jo toista vuotta kiinni..

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2006 at 5:50 PM

Nice tips on your other hometown! Birthday greetings from Alaska!

• Piercetheplanet's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2005 at 2:55 PM

Moi! Tampere seems to be a nice place to be, eh ? Great pages! :-) Kippis!

• AndreSTGT's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2004 at 2:45 AM

Very helpful page! Thanks a lot!

• orke's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2004 at 9:40 AM

great page :-) i really liked the churches there - especially the one with the paint of skeletons on the wall.....i just loved it :-)

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2004 at 3:16 AM

The Roberts Coffee in Tampere is new to me, thanks. But are you coming to Helsinki because it is raining in Tampere and we have sunshine here?

• musti72's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2004 at 4:58 AM

Great tips and pics! Thanks for your comment on my Switzerland page! Have been twice to Finland but never to Tampere, I hope next time I manage to get there!

• Wafro's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2004 at 8:19 AM

I never heard about Tampere, but it must be a great place when I see your Page. Ooh by the way, which band is playing in your Nightlife Tip? GREETZ from Belgium.

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2004 at 6:45 AM

You live in a lovely place. Thanks for the great tips and photos.

• SirRichard's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2004 at 6:15 AM

Seems like a nice place to visit... in summer! Great tips, specially the restaurants :-)

laurenzia Lives Here!

laurenzia

“happyhappyjoyjoy”

Badges & Stats in Tampere

Have you been to Tampere?

Latest Activity in Tampere