Egypt Things to Do Tips by gussymons
Egypt Things to Do: 1,674 reviews and 2,489 photos
This awesome temple is hewn from a rock face and is a magnificent sight from afar and from close. It does not warrant more than a three, perhaps four hours of sight-seeing, but I'm sure its beautiful at sunset.
Avoid the tourist-baggers on the way to the temple's entrance.
Directions: 30 minutes drive or so from Valley of Kings / Queens.
This temple is awesome and needs more than just a few hours of browsing. The pillars are enormous and there is lots to see.
If you don't like architecture then avoid, but if you have just a grain of interest in places of antiquity, then make this a place to visit. It is nowhere near as 'touristy' as Valley of Kings and Queens.
Address: Luxor. A big temple - you can't miss it.
I coughed up to go 4biking by myself with an Egyptian guide for a few hours. The experience was excellent - we drove like crazy over the desert and went to the foot of the mountains where we went to a tiny settlement, had tea and shot the bull with the local berbers.
A brilliant trip and well worth every penny. Unfortunately the 4biking at Sharm (which is generally more touristy) was pants.
Address: Ask your hotel for details
The flag matches my tattoo
Will and I stayed at the Tropicana apartments in Sharm which are about 10 minutes drive from the beach at the massive and plush Hilton (I think it was the Sharm Hilton).
Anyhow, directly opposite the Tropicana is a bloody fantastic go-kart race course which was open until very late. During the day its too hot to don the suits and drive. The cost was reasonable and it was just really good fun! The guy who ran it had lived and studied in London so we shot the bull with him too.
Address: Opposite Tropicana Apartments in Sharm
Will (left) and author hammered in Egypt
Forget the diving - check out the White House club attached to some hotel. Its full of lovely Russian devushki with some fierce-looking, wealthy Egyptian chaps.
Will and I went with the diving group and got clubbed to death there.
Address: Sharm el Sheik
More Reviews (8)
gussymons' Related Pages
Egypt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "EGYPT - DECODING THE PAST"
- "Egypt- "Welcome to Egypt, Where's my tip? ""
- "Small pieces of a beautiful dream"
- "Another point of view on history of Egypt"
- "Paul2001's Egypt Page"
- "Nile Cruise- experience the Pharaonic times &Sharm"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Egypt
- Hotels in Egypt
- Transportation in Egypt
- Nightlife in Egypt
- Restaurants in Egypt
- Shopping in Egypt
- Warnings and Dangers in Egypt
- See All...
Explore the World
- Grindstone Island Hotels
- J P Coleman State Park Hotels
- Port Elizabeth Hotels
- Klampenborg Hotels
- Cayo Coco
Badges & Stats in Egypt
- 13 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Egypt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Egypt
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 35 reviews, 29 photos
- London Intro, 27 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 31 reviews, 22 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 25 reviews, 27 photos
- Egypt Intro, 13 reviews, 4 photos
- Western Sahara Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Innsbruck Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fominskaya Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Yasnaya Polyana Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Brussels Intro, 1 photo
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Top Egypt hotels
- Sharm El Sheikh Hotels
- 1319 Reviews - 2340 Photos
- Hurghada Hotels
- 670 Reviews - 1673 Photos
- Cairo Hotels
- 3868 Reviews - 8936 Photos
- Alexandria Hotels
- 662 Reviews - 1727 Photos
- Taba Hotels
- 60 Reviews - 177 Photos
- Luxor Hotels
- 1592 Reviews - 4314 Photos
- Aswan Hotels
- 610 Reviews - 1995 Photos
- Marsa al `Alam Hotels
- 21 Reviews - 125 Photos
- Pyramids of Giza Hotels
- 415 Reviews - 1291 Photos
- Red Sea Hills Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 27 Photos
- Nabq Hotels
- 12 Reviews - 45 Photos
- Kawm ad Dahab Hotels
- 107 Reviews - 305 Photos
- Siwa Hotels
- 119 Reviews - 355 Photos
- Nuweiba` Hotels
- 133 Reviews - 256 Photos
- Dhahab Hotels
- 82 Reviews - 208 Photos