Saint Petersburg Shopping Tips by gussymons
Saint Petersburg Shopping: 103 reviews and 155 photos
A special 300th year anniversary phonecard
Lets say you have met a charming young gentleman or young lady at the local after dinner dance.
You may inquire as to his or her mobile telephone number in case you would like to invite that person to tea at the Summer Gardens.
You'll need a phonecard. Get one from the billions of kiosks around Nevksi Prospekt. They come in different denominations.
What to pay: Anything from 50 rub. to 500 rub.
Tolstoi's notebook from Dom Knigi
This is the premiere bookshop in St.Petersburg which has 3 or 4 levels and stocks Russian language books as well as some in English and presumably in other major languages.
Come here for your dictionaries, gifts and rare books unavailable in the West.
What to buy: Any Russian books which aren't widely available in the West, such as Krillov's fables.
What to pay: 35 rub. for the Lev Tolstoi reminiscences.
Directions: Directly opposite Kazan Cathedral. Could well still be under remont (it was in April 2003).
More Reviews (29)
- See All Mashrutka Madness
- See All Nightclubs want documents
- See All Dostoevskii House Musuem
- Born in the U.S.S.R.
- Eat quickly and lots
gussymons' Related Pages
Saint Petersburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "St. Petersburg: a City for all Seasons"
- "St Petersburg : City of Peter the Great"
- "St. Petersburg in Spring"
- "STUNNING ST. PETERSBURG!"
- "St. Petersburg - City of cathedrals and bridges"
- "St Petersburg in Summer"
- "Saint Petersburg~ Russia at its best!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Petersburg
- Hotels in Saint Petersburg
- Transportation in Saint Petersburg
- Nightlife in Saint Petersburg
- Restaurants in Saint Petersburg
- Shopping in Saint Petersburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Petersburg
- See All...
Explore the World
- Moscenicka Draga
- Tybee Island
- Lilongwe Hotels
- Atabey Hotels
- La Barra de Navidad Hotels
- Lutsen Hotels
Badges & Stats in Saint Petersburg
- 31 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Saint Petersburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Petersburg
Photos in Saint PetersburgSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 35 reviews, 29 photos
- London Intro, 27 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 31 reviews, 22 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 25 reviews, 27 photos
- Egypt Intro, 13 reviews, 4 photos
- Western Sahara Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Innsbruck Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fominskaya Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Yasnaya Polyana Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Brussels Intro, 1 photo
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Latest Saint Petersburg hotel reviews
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Hotel Astoria
- 253 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Sokos Hotel Vasilievsky
- 196 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Hotel Moscow (Moskva)
- 157 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 4, 2013
- Grand Hotel Europe
- 376 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Radisson Blu Royal Hotel
- 141 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- Corinthia Hotel St. Petersburg
- 251 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Business Hotel Karelia
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- Herzen House Hotel St. Petersburg
- 77 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 6, 2013
- Park Inn Pribaltiyskaya
- 218 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- Angleterre Hotel
- 224 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013
- Ambassador Hotel
- 129 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 17, 2013
- Admiralteyskaya Hotel
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 19, 2013
- Azimut Hotel
- 94 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Hermitage- 245 Reviews, 392 Photos
- Cathedrals and Churches- 266 Reviews, 509 Photos
- Monuments- 89 Reviews, 157 Photos
- St.Peter and St.Paul's Fortress- 105 Reviews, 181 Photos
- Palaces- 99 Reviews, 196 Photos
- Theaters and Concert Halls- 61 Reviews, 70 Photos
- St.Isaac's Cathedral- 55 Reviews, 92 Photos
- Museums- 152 Reviews, 237 Photos
- Parks and Squares- 76 Reviews, 140 Photos
- Nevsky Avenue- 73 Reviews, 109 Photos
See All Saint Petersburg Things to Do