Portugal Transportation Tips by ncfg Top 5 Page for this destination
Portugal Transportation: 121 reviews and 97 photos
You have several options by bus to explore Portugal.
I will mention you three express buses that i usually utilize to go to Lisbon or other big towns in my country.
On the pic you can see Turilis express bus, it has connections from the North of Portugal to South.
When i go to Lisbon it stops on Viana do Castelo, Esposende, Povoa de Varzin, Vila do Conde, Porto and Lisbon.
The same line is follow by Avic EXpressos, and you can find information in www.avic.pt.
Other express bus company is Rede de Expressos that do another line: it stops on Braga, Famalicao, Porto, Coimbra, Fatima and Lisbon. For more information take a look at www.rede-expressos.pt .
There are international airports at Lisbon, Oporto, Faro, Funchal (Madeira), Ponta Delgada (São Miguel Island-Azores) and Lages (Terceira Island-Azores). The national airlines are TAP Air Portugal (www.tap.pt) and Portugalia (www.pga.pt).
TAP (Air Portugal), the national airline, has direct flights to Lisbon from a number of destinations, including England, France, Spain, the USA and Canada. There are also international flights to Porto and Faro.
The best way to visit all this beautiful Portugal is by car. You can easily reach all the hidden places you must see and the roads now are rather good. There are highways that cross all the country.
Some tips about driving in Portugal:
>All motor vehicles drive on the right.
> Unless otherwise indicated, vehicles approaching from the right have priority at junctions.
>Seatbelts are obligatory.
>The law is strict regarding drinking and driving.
>The maximum speed in towns is 50 km p/h and on main roads and highways is 90 and 120 km p/h respectively.
>Petrol stations are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
>On highways services stations are open 24 hours a day.
Type: Car/Motor Home
Daily international trains run between Paris-Lisbon (Sud Express), crossing the frontier at Vilar Formoso; between Lisbon-Madrid, crossing the frontier at Marvão; and between Oporto-Vigo, crossing the frontier at Valença.
If you want to explore Portugal by train, there are Express trains from Lisbon through Coimbra to Oporto (Alfa trains) and regional trains (Inter-cidades and Inter-regionais) connecting the different areas of Portugal.
More Reviews (103)
- See All A cruise on the River Douro
- See All 4* hotel in Lisbon
- See All Vila Nova de Cerveira
- See All Maybe the best Pizza I ever ate
- See All Bullfighting in Portugal
ncfg's Related Pages
Portugal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Portugal in my heart"
- "Portugal my lovely country"
- "Wonderful Portugal"
- "Portugal by Car"
- "Portugal - Country of Batles"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Portugal
- Hotels in Portugal
- Transportation in Portugal
- Nightlife in Portugal
- Restaurants in Portugal
- Shopping in Portugal
- Warnings and Dangers in Portugal
- See All...
Explore the World
- Virgin Gorda
- Bald Head Island
- Citrus Springs Hotels
- Slidell Hotels
- Stary Smokovec
- Muizen Hotels
- Kampong Linggi Hotels
Badges & Stats in Portugal
- 417 Reviews
- 522 Photos
- 13 Forum posts
- 13 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Portugal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Portugal
Videos in PortugalSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 107 reviews, 122 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 54 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belém Intro, 30 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palma de Mallorca Intro, 30 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Braga Intro, 25 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Viana do Castelo Intro, 28 reviews, 29 photos
- Madeira Island Intro, 29 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Serra da Estrela Intro, 26 reviews, 28 photos
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos
Top Portugal hotels
- Albufeira Hotels
- 360 Reviews - 664 Photos
- Lisbon Hotels
- 5119 Reviews - 12617 Photos
- Funchal Hotels
- 500 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Porto Hotels
- 991 Reviews - 2484 Photos
- Alvor Hotels
- 126 Reviews - 363 Photos
- Cascais Hotels
- 449 Reviews - 2294 Photos
- Faro Hotels
- 230 Reviews - 766 Photos
- Lagos Hotels
- 244 Reviews - 621 Photos
- Tavira Hotels
- 194 Reviews - 385 Photos
- Estoril Hotels
- 61 Reviews - 351 Photos
- Ponta Delgada Hotels
- 118 Reviews - 314 Photos
- Portimão Hotels
- 66 Reviews - 241 Photos
- Quarteira Hotels
- 24 Reviews - 62 Photos
- Sintra Hotels
- 529 Reviews - 2121 Photos
- Praia da Rocha Hotels
- 31 Reviews - 70 Photos