Lisbon Transportation Tips by ncfg
Lisbon Transportation: 521 reviews and 673 photos
If you want to visit some great places near Lisbon, such as Belém, Oeiras and Cascais, you have to take the train at Cais do Soudre. At Cais do Sodre you have the subway as well (metro) wich do the connection to several places in Lisbon.
There are very comfortable and the view is amazing because the line is just by side the sea. Don’t miss.
If you want to go to/from Lisbon by train you have to go to Sta. Apolónia or to the Gar do Oriente.
Go to http://www.cp.pt for further information such as timetables or tickets.
Do you want to go from the Lisbon airport to the city centre?
The airport is 7km north of Lisbon. From this airport there is a bus service, which runs every 15 minutes from 5.30am to 1.00am to Lisbon city centre and the main railway station. An ‘Airbus’ tranfer service is also offered which departs to the city centre every 20 minutes. Taxi services to the city are available and car hire companies Avis, Eurodollar, Hertz and Inter-Rent also operate at the airport.
Bus:5, 22,44,45, 83 (€1,20) and Aero-Bus ( €1,20 or 3,10€ for 1 day bus ticket).
Taxi: about 9€ to the centre.
A must see thing and must go in, is the cable car. It is located in the Parque das Nações and it goes between Torre Vasco da Gama and the Marina locks over the river Tagus. I didn’t go but I could appreciate it when I went to the Oceanário. Great view we must have from there it is for sure. Next time I will go for sure!
> Transport: Rail or metro to Estação do Oriente station; bus 5, 10, 21, 25, 50, 68 or 114.
> Opening hours: Mon-Fri 11:00-19:00, Sat-Sun 10:00-20:00.
> Admission: EUR 1.50.
Phone: (21) 896 5823.
The Portela Airport is the country's most important airport, and plays an important role in the city's economic development and that of the entire Lisbon Region.
The national airlines are TAP Air Portugal (www.tap.pt) and Portugalia (www.pga.pt).
TAP (Air Portugal), the national airline, has direct flights to Lisbon from a number of destinations, including England, France, Spain, the USA and Canada.
It is located only 7km from the city centre. If you wish to drive to this airport in your private car you can use – according to where you come from – one of the following road accesses:
> North: A1 Motorway (Oporto/Lisbon) – Beginning of the 2ª Circular;
> Torres Vedras: A8 Motorway – CRIL(IC17) – Beginning of the 2ª Circular;
> South: Ponte Vasco da Gama – Beginning of the 2ª Circular - Ponte 25 de Abril – Eixo North/South – 2ª Circular;
> Cascais/Estoril: Motorway (A5) - CRIL (IC17) – 2ª Circular;
> Sintra/Amadora: IC19 – 2ª Circular (South/North direction) IC19 – IC 17 – Beginning of the 2ª Circular (North/South direction)
> Parque das Nações: Av. Marechal Gomes da Costa – Rotunda do Relógio – Alameda das Comunidades Av. Dr. Alfredo Bensaúde – Beginning of the 2ª Circular - Av. de Berlim
Perhaps it isn't the best way to visit Lisbon, because of the horrible traffic, but by car you can reach all the places without having to buy tickets, without any schedules...
I visited Lisbon and other near towns such as Estoril, Cascais, Oeiras and Sintra, by car.
Type: Car/Motor Home
One way to cross the River Tagus and visit Cacilhas in Almada, is by ferry. Go to Cais do Sodré and buy a ticket to Cacilhas (EUR 0,60). When I been there we cross the bridge 25 de Abril by car and we return to Lisbon by ferry.
The trip is fast and we can admire the boats and the fabulous views.
The view when we were approaching Lisbon is something; take a look at the photo I took. We can see the Praça do Comercio (Square), the Castle of S. George up the hill and … just amazing!
Well I didn’t take the tram, but it seems an excellent way to visit lots of beautiful places in Lisbon. The tram 28 is the main tourist attraction, it reaches the Castle of St George and others points of interest in Lisbon, offering amazing views of the city and out over the River Tagus (rio Tejo).
You can take it at Campo Ourique–Martim Moniz .
Phone: (21) 361 3000
More Reviews (47)
- See All Very Nice but not cheap
- See All Don't miss Estoril
- See All Ponte Vasco da Gama
- Vasco da Gama
ncfg's Related Pages
Lisbon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Lisbon"
- "My home town"
- "Lisbon, Portugal"
- "Ahh, LISBON....Esta tao bonita como sempre."
- "saudades de Lisboa"
- "Lisboa, probably the most beautiful city there is"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lisbon
- Hotels in Lisbon
- Transportation in Lisbon
- Nightlife in Lisbon
- Restaurants in Lisbon
- Shopping in Lisbon
- Warnings and Dangers in Lisbon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lisbon
- 54 Reviews
- 66 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 71 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Lisbon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lisbon
Photos in LisbonSee All Photos (66)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 107 reviews, 122 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 54 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belém Intro, 30 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palma de Mallorca Intro, 30 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Braga Intro, 25 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Viana do Castelo Intro, 28 reviews, 29 photos
- Madeira Island Intro, 29 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Serra da Estrela Intro, 26 reviews, 28 photos
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos
- Castelo de São Jorge- 128 Reviews, 287 Photos
- Torre de Belém - Tower of Belém- 223 Reviews, 440 Photos
- Day Trips:- 95 Reviews, 169 Photos
- Alfama Quarter- 66 Reviews, 131 Photos
- Mosteiro dos Jerónimos - Jerónimos Monastery- 90 Reviews, 197 Photos
- More Miradouros - Viewpoints- 65 Reviews, 125 Photos
- Oceanario de Lisboa- 41 Reviews, 108 Photos
- Carmo Convent & Museu Arqueológico- 45 Reviews, 94 Photos
- Elevador da Santa Justa- 72 Reviews, 125 Photos
- Baixa Pombalina- 27 Reviews, 59 Photos
See All Lisbon Things to Do