"Madeira a garden itself" Madeira Island by ncfg
Madeira Island Travel Guide: 776 reviews and 1,839 photos
Madeira is an archipelago in the Atlantic Ocean, located 1,100 km southwest of Portugal. It is an autonomous region of Portugal. Madeira consist of two inhabited islands, Madeira and Porto Santo, and two uninhabited island groups, the Desertas and the Selvagens. The capital and largest city is Funchal , located on Madeira Island.
Madeira means wood in the Portuguese language, and the archipelago was named for its large forests and dense vegetation. Madeira has lush tropical and semitropical plant life and extensive gardens, and is famous for their mild, pleasant climate. Madeira Island features a mountainous topography.
In my travel i just had visit Madeira Island, Porto Santo it will be next time.
Machico is a beautiful town with an interesting history. It was in this town where the first Madeira's discovers landed.... more travel advice
Well, Funchal has a great nightlife; you can take a walk by the Marina (harbour) and take a drink in a bar or simply... more travel advice
- See All By Plane
- See All More souvenir
- Don't forget
- Football (soccer)
ncfg's Related Pages
Madeira Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Madeira Island - Sculpted by Gods"
- "Madeira - Small archipelago of volcanic orgin."
- "Madeira: spectacular island of tunnels"
- "ISLAND OF FLOWERS"
- "ilha da madeira"
- "An island of flowers and stunning scenery"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Madeira Island
- Hotels in Madeira Island
- Transportation in Madeira Island
- Nightlife in Madeira Island
- Restaurants in Madeira Island
- Shopping in Madeira Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Madeira Island
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Madeira Island
- 29 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 65 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Madeira Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Madeira Island
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 107 reviews, 122 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 54 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belém Intro, 30 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palma de Mallorca Intro, 30 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Braga Intro, 25 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Madeira Island Intro, 29 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Viana do Castelo Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Serra da Estrela Intro, 26 reviews, 28 photos
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos