"Óbidos a charming village" Top 5 Page for this destination Óbidos by ncfg

Óbidos Travel Guide: 359 reviews and 935 photos

On top of a sloped hill, completely enclosed by high medieval walls, this is a small town with whitewashed houses brightened up by colourful bougainvillaea and with a castle.
The first time I visited Óbidos it was in 1998, I returned there some years later. This year 2011 I was there to enjoy the Chocolate feast. Don’t miss it, you will don’t regret!

• Pros:Lovely
  • In a nutshell:A great place to explore and admire
  • Last visit to Óbidos: Dec 2010
  • Intro Updated Jun 23, 2011

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2011 at 2:24 PM

Excellent little page about Obidos, which is still on my must-visit list for Portugal. "Chocolate feast" definitely sounds like my sort of thing. *winkygrin*

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2011 at 1:39 PM

The churches, castles, and the landscapes have been captured by you beautifully! Excellent Obidos page Nat!

• Oct 14, 2006 at 1:23 PM

lovely page! Nikos

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2006 at 2:47 PM

Very impressive castle you've got there in Obidos!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2006 at 1:58 PM

What a beautiful little place! (With such big walls!) I just looked it up on the map, and I think I must have passed by there once on my bicycle, on my way to Coimbra. But that was a long time ago.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2005 at 2:06 PM

Natalie, what a fantastic group of pages you have created about Obidos. It certainly makes me want to see it all...the beautiful churches, the castle, the narrow streets, the whitewashed houses...just lovely. Your photos are so enticing.

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2005 at 5:13 AM

Fantastic place Natalina! The Walls look gorgeous, very interesting place to visit! and to walk across the walls having some photos meanwhile :-D

• micas_pt's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2004 at 12:00 PM

Nice page. Óbidos is worth visiting, although it is touristy it is also so charming.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2004 at 6:41 PM

Nat, a beautiful page on Obidos! Fantastic tips and photos. Great Tips on Foz do Arelho, since the silting of this channel sealed off access to the sea from Obidos centuries ago!

• CALSF's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2004 at 8:45 PM

I like your Obidos page very much-great tips!

ncfg

“"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart"”

Badges & Stats in Óbidos