"Last Town before Masai Mara" Narok by Tallchick80
Narok Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 13 photos
Our visit to Narok town was an unfortunate one because my husband became very ill after eating at a restaurant and he had to suffer through a very rough car ride back to Nairobi. We learned the hard way that even if it is a touristy restaurant, you still have to be cautious about what you eat.
Use your time in Narok to stock up on last minute supplies that you may need, most especially mosquito repellant! It's a must.
In the town itself, just be cautious, it's a haven for people going on to Masai Mara, so thieves are thick. When we were gassing up our Land Rover we found a small child no older than 6 reaching into our car to try and snatch a bag that was sitting on a seat. We had turned away for a second and already had someone trying to steal from us.
Be careful in Narok, but definitely use the town as your last stop before your adventure in Masai Mara.
- Pros:Last Stop before Masai Mara, stock up before your safari
- Cons:Tourist hotspot = crime hotspot
Tallchick80's Related Pages
Narok Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Narok
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Narok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Narok
Top 10 Pages
- Kenya Intro, 21 reviews, 19 photos
- Paris 6 reviews, 13 photos
- London Intro, 13 reviews, 6 photos
- Nairobi Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Denver Intro, 9 reviews, 2 photos
- Nebraska Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Lake Naivasha Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Prague Intro, 6 reviews
- Amsterdam Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Stuttgart Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos