"Fortified Castle and great Armagnac" Larressingle by Tallchick80
Larressingle Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 19 photos
What makes Larressingle so great is how simple it is. It consists of a very simple town with an old fortified castle on the edge. Ch?teau de Larressingle . The site upon which the Ch?teau de Larressingle and its village still stand was founded in the early 11th century. It was recorded in history by Pope Alexander III in 1163 and Innocent IV in 1245, it was apparently a country residence. It is thought that it was completed around 1250 under Arnaud Othon de Lomagne, Abbot of Condom until 1285 as a fortified bastion.
- Pros:Not too many tourists, yet still an attraction
- Cons:Not a lot to offer to appeal to many visitors.
- In a nutshell:It's a great little town!
Tallchick80's Related Pages
Larressingle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A unique fortified medieval village"
- "Fortified Castle and great Armagnac"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Larressingle
- Hotels in Larressingle
- Restaurants in Larressingle
- Shopping in Larressingle
- See All...
Explore the World
- Walnut Creek Hotels
- Union Territory of Delhi
- San Simeon Hotels
- San Pawl il-Bahar Hotels
- Brookville Hotels
- Isiolo Buffalo Springs Game Reserve Hotels
- North Dakota
- Kampong Ubi Hotels
- East Java Province
- Entalula Island
- Cold Lake
- Winding Stair Mountain National Recreation Area
- Detroit Lakes
Badges & Stats in Larressingle
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Larressingle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Larressingle
Top 10 Pages
- Kenya Intro, 21 reviews, 19 photos
- Paris 6 reviews, 13 photos
- London Intro, 13 reviews, 6 photos
- Nairobi Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Denver Intro, 9 reviews, 2 photos
- Nebraska Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Lake Naivasha Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Prague Intro, 6 reviews
- Amsterdam Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Stuttgart Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos