"Administrative Capital of Malaysia" Top 5 Page for this destination Putrajaya by mansionion
Putrajaya Travel Guide: 142 reviews and 375 photos
Putrajaya (or Pj, not to be confused with PJ with capital J which is the nickname for Petaling Jaya) is the new administravite capital (centre of the Federal Government) of Malaysia, replacing the congested and not-so-well planed Kuala Lumpur. This landmark administrative complex stretches over 11,320 acres on a former plantation lands known as Prang Besar (literally means Big War); not suprising then that its been renamed as Putrajaya after Malaysia’s first Prime Minister, the late Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj.
Pj is situated about 50 kilometres from the central business district of KL in the north and 20 kilometres from Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) at Sepang in the south. As it is also located within the Multimedia Super Corridor (MSC), the development of Pj marks a new chapter in the history of modern city planning in Malaysia. It is set to be a model garden city with sophisticated information network base on multimedia technologies.
More than 70% of Pj is devoted to greenery and water with 13 different gardens within the city. Lush greeneries and botanical gardens are spread across the landscape and enhanced by large bodies of water and wetlands. Five confluences meet at the north of the city forming a main waterway which flows across the city area. The principle landscape here is the 600-hectre man made Putrajaya Lake while the Putrajaya Wetland and Putrajaya Botanical Garden are also located nearby by. Native wetland plants from over 50 local species were propagated in the 7-hectre Putrajaya Wetland Nursery prior to planting in the wetland cells.
As Malaysia's first Intelligent Garden City, Pj will become a vital development catalyst due to the role it will assume as a model city - as the nerve centre of the nation and an ideal place to live, work, conduct business and engage in sports and recreational activities. Architecturally, Pj will be an indigenous city with a modern look. Planned to the most minute detail, this intelligent garden city will enhance the goal of the nation in nurturing a caring and progressive society. Technologically, Pj will use multimedia technologies to become an electronic administrative centre. Interdepartmental communications and interactions with the public will be conducted via electronic and multimedia channels. The development of Pj and its twin city, Cyberjaya, will position the MSC competitively in the international arena.
Pj promises a comfortable and quality lifestyle for its residents. Lush greenery, botanical gardens and parks are spread across landscapes enhanced by large bodies of water and wetlands. Residential areas are supported by commercial hubs and public amenities that are planned and integrated for an ideal "live-work" environment.
A good way to enjoy the sights along the 12km long lakeshore of Putrajaya Lake is to board the various boats operated by... more travel advice
The NadiPutra buses provide the feeder bus services for commuting within Putrajaya and Cyberjaya’s Persiaran Multimedia.... more travel advice
mansionion's Related Pages
Putrajaya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Administrative Capital of Malaysia"
- "PUTRAJAYA - government administration centre"
- "Putrajaya Malaysia"
- "A New Federal Teritory...PUTRAJAYA"
- "THE PRINCE AS IT IS!!!!"
- "Putrajaya - New Capital"
- "The path to the new city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Putrajaya
- Hotels in Putrajaya
- Transportation in Putrajaya
- Nightlife in Putrajaya
- Restaurants in Putrajaya
- Shopping in Putrajaya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Putrajaya
- 13 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Putrajaya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Putrajaya
Photos in PutrajayaSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 81 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 65 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuching Intro, 45 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Terengganu Intro, 28 reviews, 51 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Tioman Intro, 22 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Genting Intro, 33 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mersing Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos
- Bako National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiping Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Baharu Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue