"Lukut" Lukut by mansionion
Lukut Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 7 photos
Lukut is situated about 20 km southwest of Seremban on the road to Port Dickson. The town emerged as a tin mining area in the 1820s and was later transformed into a rich commercial centre - so rich it was that a fort was required for the protection of its peoples and the Ruler.
Undoubtedly, the star attraction here is its fort known as Kota Lukut (Fort Lukut). The fort was built on a hilltop (Bukit Gajah Mati) overlooking the town and the Straits of Melaka around 1826 and served as a defensive wall against foreign attacks. Unfortunately, it was left to ruin when maintaining the fort was no longer necessary due to deplation of tin deposit in the area.
Today, the remain of the fort can still be seen here. The remain is made up of mainly the rectangular floor of the fort, its stone/laterite walls, moats, its three entrances, abandoned wells and some foundation stone of buildings.
Lukut is an off the beaten track for many tourists and normally attracts the occasional history buffs.
- Pros:A fort full of its past glory
- Cons:A bit difficult to reach.
- In a nutshell:An off the beaten path destination
The Muzium Lukut was established in an effort to preserve the glorious past history of Lukut and its fort. At the... more travel advice
Lukut prosper because of tin mining activities and the fort was specifically build as a base to oversee the thriving tin... more travel advice
mansionion's Related Pages
Lukut Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Lukut
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Lukut?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lukut
Photos in LukutSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 81 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 65 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuching Intro, 45 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Terengganu Intro, 28 reviews, 51 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Tioman Intro, 22 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Genting Intro, 33 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mersing Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos
- Bako National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiping Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Baharu Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue