"Lumut - more than just a hop off point to Pangkor" Top 5 Page for this destination Lumut by mansionion
Lumut Travel Guide: 84 reviews and 213 photos
Lumut, literally means moss, lichen or seaweed in Malay, is located about 84km south of lpoh or 4 hours drive from KL. The name Lumut was in reference to the condition of the beach in this town which is used to be full of moss.
Over the years, Lumut has transformed from a small fishing village to one of the most important coastal town in Malaysia. The transformation can be highly attributed to the setting up of the Royal Malaysian Navy main base here as well as the influx of tourists to Pangkor island accross the Dinding straits and resorts in Damai Laut accross the Dinding river.
The other reasons are the existence of the expatriates community here that have been stationed in Lumut to work on the power station nearby as well as the development of Lumut port that serve the industrial estates around the area. However, the town still retains its quite charm on ordinary days but turn chaotic during holidays with the influx of tourists.
As a coastal town, Lumut's most popular tourist draw is naturally the Teluk Batik beach located about 6.5 from the town. The beach is a favourite spot among the locals for camping and picnicking with its stretches of white sandy beach. It is also the venue for the Lumut Sea Carnival held annually. Lumut is also the site of Malaysia's oldest Outward Bound School that was established in 1954.
Development are underway to turn Lumut into one of the most beautiful coastal town in Malaysia. A modern looking jetty, promenade, dining and shopping outlets are currently under construction to upgrade and beautify the town.
As a coastal area, Lumut has a nice view of sunset particularly in the Damar Laut area and Pangkor Island. Do enjoy the... more travel advice
mansionion's Related Pages
Lumut Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome To Lumut"
- "Lumut - more than just a hop off point to Pangkor"
- "LUMUT...transit point for Pangkor Island"
- "..relaxing getaway.."
- "A sleepy town named Lumut"
- "Jennifer in Lumut"
- "Lumut and Sitiawan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lumut
- Hotels in Lumut
- Transportation in Lumut
- Nightlife in Lumut
- Restaurants in Lumut
- Shopping in Lumut
- Warnings and Dangers in Lumut
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lumut
- 7 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Lumut?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lumut
- Posted in Travel Kuala Lumpur Forum "Re: Finally,i need help"
- Commented on one of black_mimi99's Lumut travel pages
- Wrote a Review The Blossom Chinese Restaurant in Lumut Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Blossom Chinese Restaurant"
- updated a Lumut Travel Page "Lumut - more than just a hop off point to Pangkor"
Photos in LumutSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 81 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 65 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuching Intro, 45 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Terengganu Intro, 28 reviews, 51 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Tioman Intro, 22 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Genting Intro, 33 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mersing Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos
- Bako National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiping Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Baharu Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue