"Seremban - State Capital of Negeri Sembilan" Top 5 Page for this destination Seremban by mansionion
Seremban Travel Guide: 132 reviews and 280 photos
The district of Seremban and its main town by the same name was formerly known as Sungai Ujung. It is one of the founding territories that made up the State of Negeri Sembilan (literally mean "land of nine territories").
The town of Seremban started of quite humbly with only two rows of shop houses which were built for the mining community around its vicinity. However, it has bloomed significantly with the development of the transportation system in Malaya during British colonial days.
The infrastructure of old Seremban was centred around transporting raw materials and tin ore and the community, mainly Chinese traders built their lives around the mining industry.
The railway line that passes through this town was mainly developed to transport tin to ports nearby. However, it also connects Seremban to most part of the country and contribute significantly to the town development. Thus, the Seremban Railway Station, built in 1924 is one of the town historical landmarks and remain a significant part of the town.
The town has a blend of old and new buildings. It still has many Post-War historical buildings depicting the British colonial days such as the schools, shophouses and government administrative buildings. One can still trace the outlines of colonial town planning that once made Seremban a popular town with the English. The gardens, the train station and administrative buildings retain a small section of its history.
Today, Seremban is the state capital of Negeri Sembilan. It has grown tremendously over the past 100 years from a little mining community into a bustling town.
Located to the south of Kuala Lumpur and close to the KL International Airport, it is easily accesible by road and rail - a mere 45 minutes drive from Kuala Lumpur.
As the state capital, it is the administrative centre for the state as well as the trading point for all businesses in the state with its many trading facilities. It is also a rapidly growing industrial and housing area as some people who work in KL prefer to stay in Seremban for its conducive living environtment.
This century old Minangkabau house used to be the home to the Datuk Kelana of Sungai Ujong, Tengku Saiyed Ismail Tengku... more travel advice
The Sri Bala Thandayuthapani Temple is one of the most noteable landmark in Seremban due to its fascinating features.... more travel advice
mansionion's Related Pages
Seremban Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Seremban - Capital of Negri Sembilan"
- "Seremban - Capital of the Ninth State"
- "Seremban - Mini Town"
- "Seremban - State Capital of Negeri Sembilan"
- "Seremban! Seremban! Seremban!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Seremban
- Hotels in Seremban
- Transportation in Seremban
- Nightlife in Seremban
- Restaurants in Seremban
- Shopping in Seremban
- Warnings and Dangers in Seremban
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Seremban
- 13 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Seremban?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seremban
- updated a Seremban Travel Page "Seremban - State Capital of Negeri Sembilan"
- Posted in Travel Kuala Lumpur Forum "Re: Finally,i need help"
- Wrote a Review Express buses from KL to Seremban in Seremban Transportation
- Commented on one of cochinjew's Seremban travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Rumah Minagkabau"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 81 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 65 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuching Intro, 45 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Terengganu Intro, 28 reviews, 51 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Tioman Intro, 22 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Genting Intro, 33 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mersing Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos
- Bako National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiping Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Baharu Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue