Melaka Nightlife Tips by mansionion Top 5 Page for this destination
Melaka Nightlife: 44 reviews and 47 photos
There are 2 GSC cinemas in the city area - at Mahkota Parade (olded & smaller) and Dataran Pahlawan Melaka Megamall (newer and bigger). The malls are opposite each other and within walking distance from the historical precint.Check details at www.gsc.com.my
Dress Code: No dress code.
Directions: Within walking distance from the historical precint.
On weekend and on special occasion, there will normally be a mini concert held in Jonker Walk for its visitors to enjoy.
Visitors to Jonker Walk can participate in this free karoake sessions held at the Fuchien or Hainanese Associations's premises. Every night particularly on weekend, karaoke sessions are held here to entertain the crowd.
The karoake sessions are open to all and the songs selections are not limited to only Chinses songs (Mandarin, Cantonese, Hokkien etc, from the oldies like Shaghai Beach to current chart toppers) as English songs are also available though the selections are quite limited.
Sing your heart out loud, its a great place to sing along and to relax yourself with the local crowd.
Address: Fuchien & Hainanese Assoc. premises, Jonker Walk
Looks mom, its glows!
If you happened to be around Jonker Walk at nigth, check out the design and architecture of the buildings in the vicinity.
Most of the buildings here are living proofs of Melaka’s rich Baba-Nyonya legacy. Their walls are nicely decorated with marbles and "glows" at night. The darkness of the night give a striking contrast to the decorations- something that you can't see if you are here during the day.
Address: Jonker Walk, Melaka
Directions: Around the vicinity of Jonker Walk.
A'Famosa at night
The first ever light and sound project in South East Asia, Melaka's Light and Sound Show is modelled after similar shows held at other historical places around the world such as the Egyptian Pyramid at Gaza, the Acropolis at Athens and the Red Fort at Delhi.
The show is said to be among the best way to learn up the history of Melaka where significant events in Melaka's history - from the Melaka Sultanate period, its colonial days until independance - are enacted by means of lights, narrative dialogue, music and sound effects to project real-life drama. It is highly educational yet entertaining, a good orientation for visitors of Melaka to understand the city's history and culture.
Operating Hours : 8.30 pm nightly
Entrance Fee : Rm10.00 (Adults) and RM2.00 (Children)
Address: Padang Pahlawan, Banda Hilir, Melaka
Directions: Within the historical precint, close to the A'Famosa.
Phone: +606-282 6526
Jonker Walk at night
Jonker Walk come alive at nigths, particularly on weekend (Friday to Sunday) when the night market are held here from 6pm onwards.
The night market is not merely a place with a few hawkers selling food, toys and tidbits – it is an interesting place to explore or simply for a leisurely stroll. On special occasion, the crowd will also be entertained by live bands and cultural shows along the street.
Address: Jonker Walk, Melaka
Directions: The night market is along a street streching from across the bridge close to the Stadhuys (Red Square)
Hang Tuah Mall
A major part of the sidewalk of Jalan Hang Tuah has been refurbished and rename Hang Tuah Mall. It's Melaka answer to Bintang Walk in KL although on a slightly smaller scale.
The place become lively at nite when most of the sidewalks cafe operating till the wee hours in the morning. Even though it is not as crowded as Bintang Walk, just hang out over here and watching people pass by should be interesting.
On special occasions, there will be live band performing here. Hang Tuah Mall was also the venue for the 2002 National X'mas Open House celebration.
Directions: Almost the whole stretch of Jalan Hang Tuah, from Golden Legacy Hotel up to Dewan Hang Tuah.
Theme: Eating and Drinking
More Reviews (58)
mansionion's Related Pages
Melaka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Yeow Kwee (Glutton) in Melaka"
- "Melaka - The Historical City of Malaysia"
- "Historical Town of Melaka (Malacca)"
- "malacca, a smal historical city"
- "My Melaka"
- "More than a Historical Town - Home to Baba Nyonya"
- "Melaka - Malaysia's historical centre"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Melaka
- Hotels in Melaka
- Transportation in Melaka
- Nightlife in Melaka
- Restaurants in Melaka
- Shopping in Melaka
- Warnings and Dangers in Melaka
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Melaka
- 65 Reviews
- 66 Photos
- 110 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Melaka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Melaka
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 81 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 65 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuching Intro, 45 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Terengganu Intro, 28 reviews, 51 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Tioman Intro, 22 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Genting Intro, 33 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mersing Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos
- Bako National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiping Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Baharu Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (73)
- A' Famosa- 43 Reviews, 77 Photos
- St. Paul's Church Ruins- 51 Reviews, 99 Photos
- Temple's- 37 Reviews, 90 Photos
- Museums- 37 Reviews, 91 Photos
- Dutch Square- 39 Reviews, 73 Photos
- Churches- 47 Reviews, 70 Photos
- The Stadthuys- 34 Reviews, 51 Photos
- Trishaw Drivers- 14 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Kampung Kling Mosque- 17 Reviews, 48 Photos
- Princess Hang Li Poh's well- 9 Reviews, 9 Photos
See All Melaka Things to Do