"Tampin" Tampin by mansionion
Tampin Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 34 photos
Tampin is one of the district in Negeri Sembilan and the town of Tampin is the district's capital. It is located at the inter sections of Seremban/Rembau, Gemas (all in the state of Negeri Sembilan) and Alor Gajah(in the state of Melaka).
The town is always associated with the Tampin Train Station which is the main gateway to the state of Melaka and the southern part of Negeri Sembilan by train. It is not suprising then that the town started to take shape upon completion of the railway lines in the early 1900s. However, the "Tampin" train station is actually located in the vicinity's of its neighbour Pulau Sebang which is in the state of Melaka's territory.
The main road of Tampin (Jalan Besar Tampin) runs through the heart of the town. Geographically and politically, the town and the main road is divided into two parts by the states' border - the one under the jurisdiction of Negeri Sembilan is where the town of Tampin is located whereas the other half of the road and the town which is under the jurisdiction of Melaka is known as Pulau Sebang.
However, most peoples would normally refer the whole town as Tampin regardless of the states' border. Perhaps due its proximity with the states border, this town is a hive of activity with peoples and vehicles clogging the road. Those travelling along the town's main road will definately notice the sheer contrast between the town and its next door neighbour Pulau Sebang. Most of the buildings in Tampin are quite sombre-looking in contrast to the brightly painted buildings in shades of orange or yellow in Pulau Sebang.
Setting a nice backdrop to the town is the hilly area known as Bukit Tampin. The hill and the conserved forested lowland area does bring an immediate drop in the ambient's temperature.
Many would remember Bukit Tampin by the transmitters that sit on its peak as if guarding this small town. Apart from the transmitters, Bukit Tampin is also inhabited by a small enclave of Orang Asli (native peoples) as well as some wild animals such as monkeys and wild boars. It is also a favourite place for camping and rock climbing among the locals.
The area around Bukit Tampin is gazetted as the green zone of Tampin, thus making Tampin a nice quite town to leave with its own green belt.
The Tampin Rest House is probably the best guesthouse available for visitors to Tampin. The Rest House is part of the... more travel advice
The Keretapi Tanah Melayu connects Tampin with Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Tumpat at Tampin (Pulau Sebang) Train... more travel advice
mansionion's Related Pages
Tampin Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Tampin
- Hotels in Tampin
- Transportation in Tampin
- Nightlife in Tampin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tampin
- 12 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Tampin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tampin
Photos in TampinSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 81 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 65 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuching Intro, 45 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Terengganu Intro, 28 reviews, 51 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Tioman Intro, 22 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Genting Intro, 33 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mersing Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos
- Bako National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiping Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Baharu Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue