"Cukai" Cukai by mansionion
Cukai Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 27 photos
Cukai is the main town for the district of Kemaman in the state of Terengganu. Literally means "Tax" in Malay, the town's name is said to be derived from the purpose of its establishment - as the first tax and excise duty collection centre on the East Coast during the colonial days to serve the Kemaman port nearby.
The town is located at the estuary of Sungai Kemaman where it started to take shape. Most of the town's old buildings - such as its Masjid Jamek (Jamek Mosque) - is located around this area. It's waterfront area fronting the river bank offers a scenic view of the river and the town itself, good and charming enough for a relaxation stroll in the afternoon. The now expanding Kemaman Port and private jetty for Star Cruise's cruiseliners in Kijal is also located nearby, giving a boast to the development of this scenic riverfront town.
This state's border archway is located about 20km before reching Cukai. more travel advice
Masjid Jamek Cukai is the old mosque of Cukai with quite a unique architecture - simple yet functional. more travel advice
mansionion's Related Pages
Cukai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cukai of Kemaman"
- "Cukai - it means TAX in English"
- "Lunch and caffeine trip to Cukai"
- "mail, you want to look at my village names Kubang?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cukai
- Hotels in Cukai
- Transportation in Cukai
- Restaurants in Cukai
- Warnings and Dangers in Cukai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cukai
- 6 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Cukai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cukai
Photos in CukaiSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 81 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 65 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuching Intro, 45 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Terengganu Intro, 28 reviews, 51 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Tioman Intro, 22 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Genting Intro, 33 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mersing Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos
- Bako National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiping Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Baharu Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue