"Shah Alam" Top 5 Page for this destination Shah Alam by mansionion
Shah Alam Travel Guide: 62 reviews and 149 photos
Shah Alam is the state capital for the state of Selangor. It is a modern township sandwitched in between Kuala Lumpur (KL) and the port city of Port Klang with few other major townships in its surrounding area including Klang (Royal Town and the first state capital for Selangor), Subang Jaya, Damansara, Bangi, and Kajang. It enjoys a vantage location being ideally located halfway between the national capital city, KL; and the viable Port Klang.
Shah Alam was only developed in the 1970s when the state of Selangor lost KL as its state capital. As KL was made the capital city of Malaysia in 1972, it was handed over to the Federal Government of Malaysia and hence put under the Federal Administration.
However, being a relatively newly develop city give Shah Alam an advantage in term of proper town planning as evidence in what it is today. It has been constructed according to a blueprint drawn up with the environment at the forethought of the planners. For instance, the city's main residential and commercial areas are located at one side of the Federal Highway and its industrial areas are at the other side. Most of its roads are also straight and wide with ample rooms for landscaping. It has become a showpiece city of the future, free from the inherent problems of haphazard development and shanty towns found in other major growth centers. However it do has it shares of problem like other major cities due to its fast development.
The Malays-Muslim form a majority of its population hence it is not suprising then that the Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah Mosque is dominating the city's skyline.
- In a nutshell:A well planed modern city.
Kompleks PKNS used to be the only shopping place in Shah Alam for almost two decades until other malls were build in the... more travel advice
Concorde Hotel Shah Alam is located in the heart of Shah Alam, the state capital of Selangor. Shah Alam's most... more travel advice
mansionion's Related Pages
Shah Alam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Shah Alam"
- "Shah Alam in Selangor State, Malaysia"
- "Shah Alam"
- "My Hometown"
- "Shah Alam - My Second Home"
- "an afternoon walk in Shah Alam"
- "A GLIMPSE OF SHAH ALAM"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Shah Alam
- Hotels in Shah Alam
- Transportation in Shah Alam
- Nightlife in Shah Alam
- Restaurants in Shah Alam
- Shopping in Shah Alam
- Warnings and Dangers in Shah Alam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shah Alam
- 5 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Shah Alam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shah Alam
Photos in Shah AlamSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 81 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 65 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuching Intro, 45 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Terengganu Intro, 28 reviews, 51 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Tioman Intro, 22 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Genting Intro, 33 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mersing Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos
- Bako National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiping Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Baharu Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue