"My Ebel es- Saqi" Ebel es Saqi by jakro64

Ebel es Saqi Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 1 photos

Introduction

I have been living in Ebel for one year all together. First time from 1987-88 and then in 1990. It is a small town in the South Eastern corner of Lebanon, not far from the city of Marjayoun and the Israeli town of Metulla. More than 10,000 Norwegians have probably been living in Ebel (!) because it used to be the headquarters of the Norwegian UN battallion in Lebanon from 1978 until mid-1990s. During my last mission I had the pleasure to be invited as a guest to a wedding in Ebel. The dances, music and food was fantastic! People are very warm and interesting. They have a lot of things to tell about everything.
The mountain nature of Ebel is very special. The red heavy gravel is sticking like mud when it is wet. The nature has also many other colours. The best time to watch is early in the morning on a clear day.
Most interesting for me is the ancient history of this town which has its name from a well in its northern part. I don't know so much, but hope more will be translated into English from Arabic. For me it is important to have historic frames.
The distances are small in Lebanon. You can visit Ebel in a few hours from Beyrout, the capital.
As a Norwegian citizen and former UN soldier I feel therefore strong ties with the people of Ebel and Lebanon. I hope to come back soon.

• Pros:People, Nature, Food
  • Cons:Roads, Security
  • In a nutshell:A Small Remote Lebanese Town With a Rich History.
  • Last visit to Ebel es Saqi: Nov 1990
  • Intro Written Jun 2, 2003

Comments

jakro64

“Check it out, I never know when I will be here again!”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Ebel es Saqi

Have you been to Ebel es Saqi?

Latest Activity in Ebel es Saqi