"PP Island" Southern Thailand by stedeb
Southern Thailand Travel Guide: 8,026 reviews and 22,092 photos
Having taken a previous trip to PP Island we were actually there the night of Sept 12th.
We decided to take another trip with my sister and husband who where making their first trip to Thailand. Last time we went we took the local bus from Phuket bus station first to Krabi where we stayed overnight before catching the ferry to PP,
This time we just booked a 2 day 1 night package at the travel shop across from our hotel. We noticed afterwards that most travel agencies were selling similar packages.
We paid 1200 baht per couple we were picked up from our hotel at 7am taken to the ferry. The package included overnight accomodation at the PP Hotel with breakfast, which was very nice and we stayed there last time so it was quite a sobering time for us both.
As we were having a lot of rain in Phuket we were delighted to see the clear blue sky's and sunshine.
As the hotel was renovating we went to a sister restaurant for breakfast. As you can see from the picture it was in a beautiful setting.
We spent the day lazing on the beautiful beaches of PP.
There are plenty of decent restaurants there is also a bakery that was doing a roaring trade both times we have been there in the main street. It seems to attract a lot of back packers.
This is where we spent a couple of hours doing nothing. We eventually went back to the hotel as we were far too hot in the open sun.
Spent a few more hours lazing around the hotel pool before an afternoon storm forced us to think about lunch!!!! and a massage.
We had lunch in a great restaurant up a tree!!! well sort of. Really you can't miss it there is a huge big boat right there. How they managed to get it there was beyond us even after the restaurant owner explained how it was done!!!! A great meal in a great location pity I can't remember the name of it.
We opted to catch the 3pm ferry back to Phuket which gave us plenty of time to look around.
It has changed a little since we were last there they are building proper shops as opposed to market stalls. It will no doubt lose some of it's character as more development takes place. For those who want a quiet tranquil place to chill this is it. Although there are lots of bars it is fairly quiet and laid back not so much of the ritz & glitz of many of those other places in Thailand. If you want to go diving this is the place not that we dive but there are so many diving trips that seemed to be quite reasonable priced to us. There were a lot of people diving while we were there. There where also quite a few businesses that were closed with notices stating "gone diving back at 2pm" what a way to live!!!! I think it was about 6pm when we were dropped back at our hotel in Phuket. We thought it was money well spent.
By the way we did let our hotel in Phuket know that we were going away overnight just out of politeness.
- Pros:Quiet, beautiful & tranquil
- Cons:development is catching up with PP
- In a nutshell:you have to spend 1 night there to experience after the tourists all leave on the last ferry!!!!!
stedeb's Related Pages
Southern Thailand Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Southern Thailand: Phuket and much more"
- "Phi Phi"
- "Karon Beach"
- "Southern Thailand... where the fun begins!"
- "Rubber Processing"
- "'The Big Three' gulf Islands"
- "Ko NangYuan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Southern Thailand
- Hotels in Southern Thailand
- Transportation in Southern Thailand
- Nightlife in Southern Thailand
- Restaurants in Southern Thailand
- Shopping in Southern Thailand
- Warnings and Dangers in Southern Thailand
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Southern Thailand
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 126 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Southern Thailand?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Southern Thailand
Photos in Southern ThailandSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 35 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Laos Intro, 9 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 25 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Luang Prabang Intro, 20 reviews, 38 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 15 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Perth Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ban Phonsavan Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos
- Vang Vieng Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Battambang Intro, 8 reviews, 16 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue