"Phuket experience" Phuket by stedeb
Phuket Travel Guide: 3,193 reviews and 8,742 photos
Spent 2 weeks at Diva Patong not right in Patong Beach but only a 10 minute walk. Mostly European guests. Bus for Phuket Town stops across the road. Patong Beach is beautiful hire a bed or just spread a towel near the water. Easy & cheap to buy food and drink from vendors on beach. Loads of shopping but we found the copy DVD's not of good quality compared with copies from Hua Hin & Bangkok. Loads of good cheap friendly local restaurants to chose from. Lots of bar girls advetising their bars but just smile and say no thank you they don't take offence.
Just had 10 days in Phuket but this time at the Horizon Beach Hotel in Patong.
Pretty much the same sort of bargains to be had dvd's, watches, designer handbags were a big item this trip not to mention the usual t-shirts, fisherman pants & sarongs.
The weather was very wet this time but it didn't stop us getting out and about. We found a couple of restaurants that we have used before and they were still pretty good Sabai Sabai you realy can't miss down one of the alley ways on the main beach drag & restaurant no 6 this can be found by walking up the noisey bar street, you will know it when you see it, when you get to the end turn left it is just a short walk along here it has long tables and benches out the front. Both of these are good value.
The dept stores in Phuket Town carry the same merchandise as the Bangkok stores so if you are travelling to Bangkok I would leave the shopping till then.
If you like massage this is the place to get one depending on the season you can negotiate a price with the girls. We went back several times to a parlour but I can't remember the name but the girls stand on the street in different coloured t-shirts each night .
- Cons:watch out for time share vultures
We have been to Simon's Cabaret on 2 occasions and have enjoyed it both times. The stars of the show are all very... more travel advice
stedeb's Related Pages
Phuket Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Our Second Home - Phuket"
- "Phuket Introduction"
- "P H U K E T - Beautiful Sunset!"
- "Thailand, Phuket, and the classical beach holiday?"
- "James Bond Island"
- "PARADISE IN PHUKET"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Phuket
- Hotels in Phuket
- Transportation in Phuket
- Nightlife in Phuket
- Restaurants in Phuket
- Shopping in Phuket
- Warnings and Dangers in Phuket
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Phuket
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 75 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Phuket?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Phuket
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 35 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Laos Intro, 9 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 25 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Luang Prabang Intro, 20 reviews, 38 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 15 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Perth Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ban Phonsavan Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos
- Vang Vieng Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Battambang Intro, 8 reviews, 16 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue