"Little bit about us" stedeb's Profile

Hi everyone Steven and I live in Perth Western Australia but have recently travelled to Sydney hence the bridge in the photo.
We love to travel and Thailand is one of our favourite places to visit. Living in the most isolated cit y in the world can pose a problem for "quick trips" so Asia is literally our back yard.
We travelled Sept 01 to Thailand the first time using Phuket as our base and heading off to Koh Samui, Krabi & Phi Phi Island. Our second trip in June 02 we used Bangkok as our base and travelled to Chiang Mai, Pattaya, Kanchanaburri, Ayutthaya, Hua Hin and finally back to Bangkok. This was all done on local buses, trains & ferries. Very cheap, safe and friendly.
We also made a trip to England in November 2002 after spending 2 days in London we picked up a hire car and headed off to visit all the relatives we haven't seen in a number of years. In between visits we stayed at hotels before the next visit.
We have also made 4 trips to Bali over the last few years and that is a beautiful spot. Unfortunately due to the terrorist in 02 the Balinese people have been hit badly economically. We will probably head back there next year.
I am making a trip to Vietnam in Sept with a group of ladies we will spend 3 weeks travelling Vietnam North to South before heading to Bangkok & Hua Hin for a bit of R&R and shopping before flying home.
As you can see we both love to travel and all our friends are like minded unfortunately we have to work in between to pay for our trips!!!!
We will update in July after our next trip.

This is a picture of the city skyline taken from the water front. Perth is a beautiful city with clear blue sky's for most of the year. Have to say I hate September I think it is the coldiest dullest month of the year and I do miss those blue sky's!!!!

• Intro Updated Nov 23, 2003

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• Usctwin's Profile Photo

Aug 7, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Happy Birthday Debra!

• buffybird's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2010 at 10:48 AM

We have common friend's lol, hope to chat soon, I love thailand too, going there again feb... Chiang Mai wahoo

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2010 at 3:07 AM

Hi Debra :) You will love Benalmadena, there are so many things to do in this area - and Torremolinos is right next to it with even more things to do. I stayed there for 6 months last year - cannot wait to go back :D

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2009 at 10:35 AM

Happy Birthday Debra! Hope you had a great day...

• craic's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2009 at 9:42 PM

gretings from melbourne

• Jul 29, 2008 at 8:08 AM

hi stedeb, this is susie, i really enyjoy reading you laos trip and part of the bali trip. am going to bali. am looking for an inexpensive hotel in bali . is it near to the beach or town center.thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

• medicstudent's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2008 at 8:12 AM

hello, thanks for commenting on my airasia's flying tip! and may i add, u have wonderful pictures here.. :)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
stedeb's Profile Photo

stedeb

“look at every experience positively!!!!”

Real Name