"Gift of the Gab" Top 5 Page for this destination County Cork by Marpessa

County Cork Travel Guide: 1,265 reviews and 3,401 photos

I spent only a short time in County Cork. I was shown the city and nightlife by friends and went and kissed the Blarney Stone.

County Cork is a lovely county in the south of the Republic of Ireland. It is also the largest county in Ireland. From Dublin it takes about 4.5 hours by bus (Although Cork also has its own airport as well).

For people coming to Cork I can tell you there is no shortage of beautiful landscapes in this area of Ireland. There are many beautiful peninsulas, lakes, parks and gardens.

I am sorry to say that I do not have a lot of tips for County Cork, as I was only here for a couple of nights.

But I hope you enjoy the few tips and pictures that I do have here for you. I would definitely like to come back and see more of this county another time.

• Last visit to County Cork: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Oct 8, 2005

• thedouglas's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2006 at 11:55 PM

Been too many years - time to go back !

• spgood301's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2006 at 11:03 AM

Hi Cassie, my grandmother grew up here. I must get back myself someday, especially to Cork City-sounds like a great time.

• EllenH's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2005 at 9:30 AM

Nice page, I like short and sweet. Someone in the forum was begging for Bulmers, it must be good.

• Purpleshade's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2005 at 2:27 AM

Useful tips, I went to cork 30 years ago, it doesn't sound much different. Lesley

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2004 at 4:36 AM

Sounds like you had a great short break here in Cork.

Marpessa

“Brave New World”

Badges & Stats in County Cork

Have you been to County Cork?

Latest Activity in County Cork