"I LOVE EDINBURGH!!" Edinburgh by Marpessa

Edinburgh Travel Guide: 3,449 reviews and 6,943 photos

Edinburgh in 2005

In 2005 I returned to Edinburgh for a few days. The one thing that I wanted to do in 2004 but didn't have time for, was to climb Arthur's Seat. And in 2005 I did that! I actually had a bad cold at the time, but it was something that I really wanted to do, and once at the top, the views were well worth it (as you can see from the photo below).

Also on that trip, I went to a couple of museums and some new areas of the city that I had not been to before. And despite the fact that it rained a fair bit during my time here, once again, I had a great time!

Edinburgh in 2004

And as for the photo above. I remember my first time in Edinburgh when I saw the Castle and my jaw dropped - because I really wasn't expecting it to be so grand. I had caught the bus from the airport into the city and was looking out the window at the shops on Princes St when I saw a lady taking a photo (looking across the street), so wondering what she was taking a photo of I looked across and there it was! A castle high on a cliff with beautiful green gardens below it! I was immediately enchanted!

In 2004 I only spent a few days in Edinburgh, but I fell in love with the place immediately. The people, the festival, the architecture - it was all amazing.

Walking around...

Any new city, town or village that I travel to, I love to just walk around and explore it by foot. For both the times I've been in Edinburgh I spent a fair amount of time on Princes St. and the Royal Mile. An easy way to get between the two streets was using the alley's that came off the Royal Mile. They made for great great short cuts, between old buildings, and usually you'd get great views of the city from the top of the stairs!

I think that Edinburgh is a place that I will regularly come back to, I just love the feel of this city. :)

• In a nutshell:The place to be in August!
  • Last visit to Edinburgh: Sep 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 3, 2007

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2007 at 1:41 PM

Glad you liked Scotland's Capital City = The Festival is great fun and brings people together from around the globe

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2007 at 4:49 AM

Hi Cassandra. Really nice page here on Edinburgh. Am planning to visit there next year (it's my fiance's hometown) during August, of course :-) National Gallery? I hope they have some works by Jack Vettriano? Greetings from Dubai / Jess :-)

• el_layla's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2006 at 11:23 AM

I miss Edinburgh! Especially the Old Town and Princes Street Gardens! Oh...actually almost everything. 'Cept for the eerie 'howl' I heard at night. City of the dead? =p Great pics btw!- Layla

• zizkov's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2006 at 12:52 PM

Enjoyed your update - great Arthur's seat pics. Haste ye back.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2006 at 2:46 AM

Glad you enjoyed your visit to Edinburgh. I spent a week there last summer for my son's graduation, and had a great time.

• hojasdehierba's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2006 at 5:00 AM

Good tips and very beautiful pics. Well done!

• CALSF's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2006 at 8:48 PM

Your tips are some of the best ever here. I like the Royal Museum tip and wished I had seen the Nicholas & Alexandra exhibit too. Alexandra was a granddaughter of Queen Victoria as you may know. It's all fascinating, isn't it?

• RhineRoll's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2006 at 7:49 AM

wonderful piccies from Arthur's Seat!

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2005 at 12:32 AM

I also like Edinburgh, it is a lovely city! Great to see the views from Arthur's seat!

• Oct 6, 2005 at 6:05 AM

Edinburgh is lovely...! Nice page!:o) ~Mette~

Marpessa

“Brave New World”

Badges & Stats in Edinburgh

Have you been to Edinburgh?

Latest Activity in Edinburgh