"I LOVE EDINBURGH!!" Edinburgh by Marpessa
Edinburgh Travel Guide: 3,446 reviews and 6,928 photos
Edinburgh in 2005
In 2005 I returned to Edinburgh for a few days. The one thing that I wanted to do in 2004 but didn't have time for, was to climb Arthur's Seat. And in 2005 I did that! I actually had a bad cold at the time, but it was something that I really wanted to do, and once at the top, the views were well worth it (as you can see from the photo below).
Also on that trip, I went to a couple of museums and some new areas of the city that I had not been to before. And despite the fact that it rained a fair bit during my time here, once again, I had a great time!
And as for the photo above. I remember my first time in Edinburgh when I saw the Castle and my jaw dropped - because I really wasn't expecting it to be so grand. I had caught the bus from the airport into the city and was looking out the window at the shops on Princes St when I saw a lady taking a photo (looking across the street), so wondering what she was taking a photo of I looked across and there it was! A castle high on a cliff with beautiful green gardens below it! I was immediately enchanted!
In 2004 I only spent a few days in Edinburgh, but I fell in love with the place immediately. The people, the festival, the architecture - it was all amazing.
Any new city, town or village that I travel to, I love to just walk around and explore it by foot. For both the times I've been in Edinburgh I spent a fair amount of time on Princes St. and the Royal Mile. An easy way to get between the two streets was using the alley's that came off the Royal Mile. They made for great great short cuts, between old buildings, and usually you'd get great views of the city from the top of the stairs!
I think that Edinburgh is a place that I will regularly come back to, I just love the feel of this city. :)
- In a nutshell:The place to be in August!
When in Edinburgh you will find that Princes St. is one of the busiest streets in the city. Not just because of the... more travel advice
I'm not sure how helpful this tip is going to be for people wanting to go the Royal Museum, because I only went to the... more travel advice
Marpessa's Related Pages
Edinburgh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Edinburgh Travel - A Special City - A Special View"
- "Scotland's Capital City"
- "Embra - Scotlands Capital City"
- "A guide to Edinburgh dining & nightlife"
- "Edinburgh - the capital of Scotland"
- "Opera and Graduation in Edinburgh"
- "The highs and lows of the 7 hills..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Edinburgh
- Hotels in Edinburgh
- Transportation in Edinburgh
- Nightlife in Edinburgh
- Restaurants in Edinburgh
- Shopping in Edinburgh
- Warnings and Dangers in Edinburgh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Edinburgh
- 18 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Edinburgh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Edinburgh
Photos in EdinburghSee All Photos (57)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geelong Intro, 61 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 39 reviews, 94 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 33 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 15 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 23 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 18 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 18 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 12 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 19 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues