"J Ö N K Ö P I N G" Top 5 Page for this destination Jönköping by Marpessa

Jönköping Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 83 photos

I spent a day here at the end of October. I didn't really know anything about the city of Jönköping, but thought it might make a nice day trip.

It was a fairly cool day (climate-wise), but all I did mainly was just walk around the city. Starting from the train station I went towards the main shopping streets, had a look around and then got myself some lunch.

After that I walked back the way I came, stopping to look at some nice buildings and sculptures in parks and near the lake. I then took myself for a walk around part of Lake Vättern, stopping every now and then to try to take some nice shots of the city (unfortunately I don't think my camera has the best zoom on it).

I watched a man go past me on a small set of skis on wheels (and with ski poles to push him along), then found a small stretch of sand to sit on and wrote a letter to my brother, just sitting there, enjoying the feeling of sand, the lake in front of me (complete with one guy in a red kayak) and relative quietness all around.

Then before I headed back to the station, I walked some more and went past a beautiful cathedral. Then it was time for me to head back to the train station again.

A nice day trip, I really enjoyed myself.

• Last visit to Jönköping: Oct 2007
  • Intro Updated Nov 5, 2007

Comments

Marpessa

“Brave New World”

Badges & Stats in Jönköping

Have you been to Jönköping?

Latest Activity in Jönköping