Linköping Local Custom Tips by Marpessa Top 5 Page for this destination
Linköping Local Customs: 3 reviews and 1 photos
When I travel abroad and go to a foreign country that doesn't speak English as a first language I usually try to learn some words to help me get by (although since I am staying here so long I have just started language classes). So I'll list some Swedish words here that might help. Don't worry if you can't remember them, just remember the first one, as almost everyone in Linköping speaks some English (most that I have met so far speak it quite fluently).
Do you speak English?: Talar du engelska?
My name is...: Jag heter...
Please/Thank you: Tack (pronounced like 'Tuhk')
How are you?: Hur är det?
Good thanks, and you?: Bra tack, och du?
I don't understand: Jag förstår inte (förstår = furr-stoar)
For further words or help with Swedish, there is a link below to a good online Swedish-English/English-Swedish dictionary.
More Reviews (10)
Marpessa's Related Pages
Linköping Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Linkoping – a city around a cathedral"
- "*L I N K Ö P I N G*"
- "El Sueco Linköping Page"
- "Planes, trains and automobiles"
- "sarasue's new Linkoping Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Linköping
- Hotels in Linköping
- Transportation in Linköping
- Nightlife in Linköping
- Restaurants in Linköping
- Shopping in Linköping
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Linköping
- 11 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Linköping?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Linköping
Photos in LinköpingSee All Photos (50)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geelong Intro, 61 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 39 reviews, 94 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 33 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 15 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 23 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 18 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 18 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 12 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 19 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues