"A Weekend in Sydney" Sydney by Marpessa
Sydney Travel Guide: 5,783 reviews and 13,495 photos
I arrived on a Friday afternoon and left on a Monday morning. It was my first holiday by myself and it was absolutely awesome. Sydney is a beautiful city and very multi-cultural. I spent most of my time seeing the city by foot and just wandering around. I had a map on me, but just let my feet be my guide - I was very tired by the end of the weekend, but very happy, Sydney is an amazing city!
Don't miss!: Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge, Taronga Zoo (get your picture taken with a giraffe or koala), a ferry ride in the harbour, Circular Quay, The Rocks, the Botanical Gardens, the AMP Tower, Hyde Park and ANZAC Memorial.
Hyde Park is a beautiful Park located in central Sydney. Occasionally you might see people playing chess on a giant chess board, or a horse drawn carriage with a newlywed couple.
It is a nice clean park (mainly clean - bit of rubbish here and there) and a great place to just chill out and relax for a while as the city around you moves at full speed.
ANZAC (Australian New Zealand Army Corps) Memorial is in Hyde Park. The ANZACs were/are people who fought in WWI and WWII, they are also fondly refered to as 'diggers' and are the origin for the mythology of the Australian 'larakin'.
- Pros:Circular Quay, The Rocks, Botanical Gardens
- Cons:Rubbish in some areas
- In a nutshell:You need more than a weekend!
Australian currency is in dollars ($AUD). There are 100 cents to a dollar. We have 5, 10, 20 and 50 cent pieces (coins),... more travel advice
A great place to walk around in summer. Yes there are heaps of tourists, but that's what makes it a lively place to be.... more travel advice
Marpessa's Related Pages
Sydney Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What do you do with your weekend?"
- "Love Those Sydneysiders"
- "Sydney - For the discerning tourist"
- "Flying down Sydney Way..."
- "The best start to any adventure Down Under"
- "City of Water and Trees"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sydney
- Hotels in Sydney
- Transportation in Sydney
- Nightlife in Sydney
- Restaurants in Sydney
- Shopping in Sydney
- Warnings and Dangers in Sydney
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sydney
- 14 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Sydney?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sydney
Photos in SydneySee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geelong Intro, 61 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 39 reviews, 94 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 33 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 15 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 23 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 18 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 18 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 12 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 19 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues