"Bonjour!" Paris by Marpessa

Paris Travel Guide: 22,629 reviews and 55,559 photos

2 days in Paris and managed to cram in as much as I could: The Louvre, Eiffel Tower, The Seine, Champs Elysees, Norte Dame, Place de la Concorde, the Bastile... (I know I did not do this city the justice it deserved, I shall return!). Will be back soon with reviews and lots of pictures. Meanwhile I recommend the L'Open Tour - hop on hop off tour of Paris!

The photo to the left - I've seen so many pictures of the Eiffel Tower, but those pictures can't even compare to actually being there and seeing it. It is one of those man-made structures that you just have to see for yourself - stand beneath it, behind it, in front of it or on top of it!

The photo to the right - The Arc de Triomphe is not the best place to be when everyone is driving home at the end of the day! This place is crazy and packed with cars and buses!

• Pros:An art lover's dream!
  • Cons:Twice I saw a guy peeing into a phone box
  • In a nutshell:Culture!
  • Last visit to Paris: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Mar 25, 2006

• Pieter11's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2007 at 12:04 AM

Around Sacre Coeur huh? You should really check out the back of the Montmartre-hill than! And the cemetary there is pretty too!

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2006 at 2:31 AM

Paris : I think we have the same sense to take pictures, The Eiffel tower from Rue BsAs, the pic under the tower itself Greetz from Belgium

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2006 at 11:50 PM

Glad you had such a great time in Paris. So did I (but I didn't take the tour bus, LOL). I haven't read the Da Vinci Code yet, but two of the students in my English Conversation class have read it in English and one of them just lent me the book

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2005 at 5:57 AM

Love you Louis Vuitton picture; I missed that myself. PJ

• Purpleshade's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2005 at 2:31 AM

I like to look at paris as my daughter lives there. Good tips. Lesley

• bugulma's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2005 at 1:58 AM

amazing pics in the travelogues, especially that on with Seine

• BeatChick's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2005 at 3:09 PM

Cassie, that's a great photo of the Eiffel Tower! I love its juxtaposition between the 2 buildings! It really lends resonance & reference to its size! I loved L'Open Tour bus, too - used it my 2nd trip 2 days in a row. An easy way to get to Montmartre. :)

• lkdahl's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2004 at 10:06 AM

Nice page for only being in this great city for 2 days. LOL You could spend 2 weeks and still feel you did not get a true sense of this city. Next time your there, you will need to take a sunset boat ride on the Seine. It's magnificent. Cheers!

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2004 at 4:02 PM

great page Cassie, je amie Paris!

• rwlittle's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2004 at 10:25 AM

Looks and sounds like you had an excellent time...I hope you get to go back, as, like you said, 2 days is not enough! Cheers!

Marpessa