"Bombings Don't Bother Bali!" Bali by DirtyRudy
Bali Travel Guide: 6,307 reviews and 15,211 photos
This trip wasn't about cultural or language study; it was purely for pleasure. By pleasure, I mean beaches, massages, food, and... OK, a little bit of culture.
Kikiree and I visited Bali in September 2002, a month before the bombings in Kuta. We were totally amazed by the surrounding beauty and the impressive crafts by the local artisans. It's no wonder that so many fall in love with Bali!
Personally, I like it because it sounds a lot like my last name!
We ran into some children while visiting Goa Gajah, the Elephant Temple. When the kids saw me take out my camera, they crowded all around me so I could get the perfect shot!
It seemed that everything was decorated with a flower, or some offering was being made. I didn't realize how spiritual the Balinese are!
- Pros:Great food and relaxing environment... totally laid-back!
- Cons:Occasional bombings set by ignorant terrorists!
- In a nutshell:Great place to spend a week and relax!
Try taking a bike tour around Bali. It's really nice if you want to go see some of the off-the-beaten-path areas. The... more travel advice
When a friend and I went to get a massage, he was about to order a Thai Massage. I'm like, "WHAT??? You're in Bali! Get... more travel advice
DirtyRudy's Related Pages
Bali Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sharing my experiences Under the Bali Sunshine"
- "Bali, A Travel to Island Of Paradise :"
- "Bali, Indonesia..."
- "Bali - Island Beauty"
- "...stranded between heaven and earth"
- "BALI Of Gods, Goddesses & Demons"
- "Bali - Home of the Gods (& mischievious monkeys)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bali
- Hotels in Bali
- Transportation in Bali
- Nightlife in Bali
- Restaurants in Bali
- Shopping in Bali
- Warnings and Dangers in Bali
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bali
- 8 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Bali?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bali
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 26 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kyoto Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Munich Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Taiwan Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bali Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Almaty Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Seoul Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Udaipur Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Top Bali hotels
- Jimbaran Hotels
- 34 Reviews - 96 Photos
- Kuta Hotels
- 333 Reviews - 721 Photos
- Ubud Hotels
- 505 Reviews - 1241 Photos
- Sanur Hotels
- 106 Reviews - 233 Photos
- Uluwatu Hotels
- 236 Reviews - 641 Photos
- Bali Hotels
- 688 Reviews - 1674 Photos
- Denpasar Hotels
- 42 Reviews - 137 Photos
- Tabanan Hotels
- 34 Reviews - 89 Photos
- Danau Tamblingan Hotels
- 1 Review - 1 Photo
- DANAU BATUR Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 19 Photos
- Karangasem Hotels
- 39 Reviews - 125 Photos
- Gianyar Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 26 Photos
- Bedugul Hotels
- 16 Reviews - 91 Photos
- Pulau Nusadua Hotels
- 35 Reviews - 96 Photos
- Singaraja Hotels
- 20 Reviews - 47 Photos