"A City of Seoul" Seoul by DirtyRudy
Seoul Travel Guide: 3,209 reviews and 8,370 photos
OK, maybe I'm not a soul man. But, Seoul does have some interesting places to go to if you're interested in shopping, arts & crafts, or just visiting the DMZ.
There are plenty of places around Seoul to go shopping -- Myeogndong, Namdaemun Market, Dongdaemun Market, Insadong, etc. In addition, department stores are definitely not a shortage here. You can definitely get clothes cheap here, but be prepared for "normal" US pricing at the brand name stores.
A very humbling experience for me was my trip to the DMZ. Some people said it was crazy to go there, especially since North Korea just announced they have nuclear weapons. But nukes don't scare me. In the photo to the left, from here you can easily see North Korea and the giant flag waving.
Check the "Must Do Activity" tip for more details.
- Pros:Lots of shopping and the food is spicy!
- Cons:Taxis are hard to come by at night, and the food is spicy!
- In a nutshell:Good place to visit for a day or two, but a week may be too much.
This hotel is like a 5-star hotel. Everytime, I've stayed here, I was always on the Executive Floor. So, unfortunately,... more travel advice
This market's pretty big and covers several city blocks. You can find a lot of merchants selling all kinds of souvenirs,... more travel advice
DirtyRudy's Related Pages
Seoul Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to The Land of Big Smog"
- "Return to Seoul"
- "Seoul - My favorite place on Earth!"
- "Seoul: Energy in the Land of the Morning Calm"
- "Organized Chaos --> Seoul, South Korea"
- "Seoul, Capital of Korea"
- "Backpacking Korea in Winter / Spring"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Seoul
- Hotels in Seoul
- Transportation in Seoul
- Nightlife in Seoul
- Restaurants in Seoul
- Shopping in Seoul
- Warnings and Dangers in Seoul
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Seoul
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Seoul?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seoul
Photos in SeoulSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 26 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kyoto Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Munich Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Taiwan Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bali Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Almaty Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Seoul Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Udaipur Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos