"trip to Adana,Turkiye" Top 5 Page for this destination Adana by usacaver

Adana Travel Guide: 61 reviews and 145 photos

Adana Turkiye

I enjoyed a business trip to Adana and stayed there for three months..however, due to the circumstances of my job, I was only able to see some of Adana and could not go to the places that I really wanted to see..I did enjoy the Turkish hospitality,the food was very good!.I think the best part of the trip for me was to get to know some of the local people and they were very friendly and helped me any time I needed it...I plan on returning to Adana on better terms in the fall of this year so that I can see what I missed last time! There was a lot to see and do so that has made me want to return. I did get a chance to visit a few museums that contained roman ruins and there is alot of history that I was not aware of .Also,I really liked the Turkish music that I encountered in a turkish tea shop {in Adana}..... BUYING THINGS.......most items for sale were very reasonable, price wise. carpets,knives, and different Turkish made items...be prepared to stay awhile if you go into a shop, most of the time ,the owners will offer some great tasting tea and want you to stay and chat while viewing what they have to sell..this was very different than the states ,I never felt uncomfotable so it is a good experience and a good time even if you don't buy anything! It was amazing to me that the Turkish people have very good memories and can remember your name and what you say to them , even if you don't see them for weeks ,or even months...I wish I can remember as good as they do!!!Once again, I really enjoyed the culture and the interesting lifestyles they live. I recommend going to the town near the mediterranian, Mercin.. I was not able to go but some of the people I knew said that it was very interesting.And go see "castle by the sea I think it is only about 30 or 40 minutes drive from Adana. The bus system is usually crowded but it is cheap to get around {if you can understand Turkish!} it cost around 500,000 Turkish lira to 750,000 to ride a dulmus or small bus.{ at the time I was there, it was 1,600,000 {one million,six hundred thousand T lira to one us dollar} . I have learned that it is currently about 1.4 million T.lira to one us dollar so the us dollar has dropped a little.

• Pros:very friendly people,relativly cheap prices
  • Cons:I wished i knew the language better !
  • In a nutshell:loved the people,culture.I will return with more time
  • Last visit to Adana: Feb 2003
  • Intro Updated Aug 9, 2003

usacaver

“expect nothing and let the universe surprise you!!!!”

Badges & Stats in Adana