"Quillinglady - about me" Quillinglady's Profile

Hello from The Garden of England...Kent & Madeira

Hi, I was introduced to this site by a friend in America as she knows I am a travel-holic.

Let me introduce myself, my name is Jayne, I am 41 and love to travel..whether it be within my own beautiful country (no it doesn't always rain here in England!), to Europe or further overseas.

I started travelling when I was 5 years old...with my parents of course...Since then the Travel Bug has hit me bad..I have been to lots of places in Europe including ex-Eastern Bloc Countries as they were when I visited them.

Also further afield to America and Canada (I love Canada).

In 1999 I got the opportunity of travelling around the world and what fun that was. I went to Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, the South Pacific Islands of Fiji and Tahiti, also America before returning home to cold England!

For me I have been to Paradise...the South Pacific Islands are that, especially Tahiti...my dream is to return one day to Fiji and Tahiti, but also to experience what some of the other islands have to offer like the Cook Islands.

As for my ID of Quillinglady...well that comes from the craft work that I do, I make and design my own greetings cards - of all which are individually made by myself. Quilling (paper craft) is my favourite craft work, a hobby/interest that goes back a number of years.

Of course I have other interests too, when time permits.

Currently though I am living on the beautiful island of Madeira in Funchal...almost paradise!!!

Jayne

• Intro Updated Jan 27, 2008

• Jun 30, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Hi Quillinglady, just a line so thank you for an insight into Maderia! I enjoyed your entries. I am visiting Maderia with an equally exhausted friend for a week on Wednesday and very much looking forward to a long overdue indulgent cultural break from the mundane! You have certainly helped with the intel!

Thank you.

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2008 at 2:29 AM

your name caught my eye... I thought it had to be a crafter. I too make my birthday and Christmas cards.

• Jun 2, 2003 at 1:16 PM

Visted your sight. You have more about Grand Rapids than I do! LOL I will work on mine at some point. P.S. Can I borrow your photos? LOL. Just joking. I see you're enjoying this site I introduced you to. Have fu with it!

• whitecliff62's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2003 at 11:41 PM

Hi from a neighbour. Well Folkestone actually.

• craic's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2003 at 7:57 PM

Welcome to VT. Have lots of fun!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!

Quillinglady

“Beware.....The Travel Bug is Contagious!”

Real Name