"Purt ny hInshey" Peel by kit_mc
Peel Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 9 photos
Purt ny hInshey is the Manx Gaelic name for Peel, a pleasant little town on the west coast of the Isle of Man.
Peel is known for having a forted hilltop castle out on a tiny island, St Patrick's Isle, that forms one side of Peel harbour. Legend has it that this is where St Patrick alighted in order to bring CHristianity to the island. Entry to the castle is not possible during the winter, which is a shame because contained within are the remains of a church and other ruined stone buildings.
Peel is also known as Sunset City (at least by the tourist industry) for its great sunsets.
Tips on Peel and other Isle of Man attractions can be found on my Isle of Man pages.
kit_mc's Related Pages
Peel Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Peel
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Peel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Peel
Top 10 Pages
- Riga Intro, 30 reviews, 93 photos
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Man Intro, 20 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Llanberis Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos
- Fes Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chefchaouene Intro, 16 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bodiam Intro, 15 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asilah Intro, 16 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rabat Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos
- Artá Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos