Kosice Favorite Tips by kit_mc
Kosice Favorites: 21 reviews and 28 photos
Favorite thing: Keep an eye out as you stroll through the city for the various monuments, statues and other markers to the city's past, to Slovakia as a nation and to it's heroes.
Little monuments were all over Kosice, markers on buildings indicating this or that event or national hero. Remember, Kosice is where the first government of Czechoslovakia was formed as the Second World War came to an end, so it's bound to be a proud city.
I would have loved to have known what some of these things marked, but again, my non-existent Slovak put a stop to any in-depth cultural exchange!
Fondest memory: These types of statues for me are actually a style I really like, although for some they represent a communist past that may less savoury.
This particular statue was in the park on the way from Hlavna Ulici to the train station.
Favorite thing: You can easily find cheap internet access on the main street, Hlavni Ulici.
The tourist info is also on this street. I'd advise that you pop into the tourist information to ask about pensions rather than just picking the first from the guidebook like we did!
In fairness to us though, we'd tried emailing about half a dozen places before we arrived but had no luck in getting any responses... Tourist services perhaps have a little way to come in Kosice...
Fondest memory: Kosice was just an all round surprise. We didn't stray far from the main area around the cathedral as we had such little time there. We spent two nights there but were actually not there much during daylight hours. Make sure you spend at least one full day actually in the city itself.
My best memory of Kosice is the Rosto Steak House. It was just fantastic.
More Reviews (6)
kit_mc's Related Pages
Kosice Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kosice - Metropolis of Eastern Slovakia"
- "The Significant Kosice"
- "Kosice - the perfect base for any trip in Slovakia"
- "Ben-UK's Kosice page"
- "Kosice With Family"
- "The far end of Slovakia"
- "Fiasco in Kosice - The "Fully Booked" Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kosice
- Hotels in Kosice
- Transportation in Kosice
- Nightlife in Kosice
- Restaurants in Kosice
- Warnings and Dangers in Kosice
- See All...
Explore the World
- Antigua Island
- Kingston Hotels
- Curepipe Hotels
- Lake Rotomahana Hotels
- Bentota Hotels
- Puerto de Santiago
Badges & Stats in Kosice
- 8 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Kosice?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kosice
Top 10 Pages
- Riga Intro, 30 reviews, 93 photos
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Man Intro, 20 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Llanberis Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos
- Fes Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chefchaouene Intro, 16 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bodiam Intro, 15 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asilah Intro, 16 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rabat Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos
- Artá Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos