Riga Hotel Tips by kit_mc
Riga Hotels: 7,349 reviews and 180 photos
Albert Hotel Riga 2007
I was originally going to go for something a bit cheaper but decided to treat myself so rather than end up taking a tram from the other side of town to see the sights, went for this relatively new hotel in the Art Deco district of Riga not far from the Old Town.
By British standards it's more of a business hotel, but it's very well priced, making it attractive if you want a few days of comfort as a tourist.
The hotel stands as one of Riga's tallest at about 11 floors and the Sky Lounge bar at the top will give you excellent views of the city, with Old Town to the south west in the distance. I'd read staff could be a bit frosty, but I found them perfectly nice and very helpful. If you arrive early or are leaving late then there is no problem with leaving your baggage in their storage area at no extra cost.
Rooms are standard, tv, very comfy double bed with good pillows (I have a thing about poor hotel pillows..). Both the bathroom and bedroom are on the smaller side, but I was out seeing the sights and so should you, so much so that it barely bothered me. One downside was no kettle, not because I'm from the UK and must drink tea the whole time, but it really helps when you've a cold/flu for those Lemon drinks...
Unique Qualities: The whole building has an Einstein theme, hence the name. Atoms grace the window to the shower, the carpets, even the room numbers plus his quotes grace the lifts.
The Sky Lounge can get very busy towards weekends, but even for a hotel bar in its class, cocktails at about 3.50 lats seem very reasonable - for a Londoner at least. Air con could get a bit cold though.
Breakfast was adequate, something for everyone and included in the price, though the bacon and sausage was more on the Germanic than British side for my tastes. I stuck mainly to the cold breakfast buffet which is more Baltic.
Some very good deals are about with this place so I'd recommend it as somewhere I would stay again. It's a good 15 to 20 minutes from the old town by foot, depending on your pace but the whole of my time here I didn't catch a bus or taxi to get around. I now have legs muscles of steel.
Address: 33 Dzirnavu Street, Riga, Latvia, LV-1010, LV
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: In the Art Deco district to the north east of Old Town. Number 22a bus from the airport leaves you at the Orthodox Cathedral about 10 minutes away.
More Reviews (29)
- See All St Peter's Basilica
- See All Toilet Signs
- See All Great service, great cocktails.
- See All Galerija Centrs
kit_mc's Related Pages
Riga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A few days in Riga"
- "Riga - biggest town in Baltic States"
- "Riga - the capital of Baltic's"
- "Riga Latvia"
- "ART NOUVEAU RIGA!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Riga
- Hotels in Riga
- Transportation in Riga
- Nightlife in Riga
- Restaurants in Riga
- Shopping in Riga
- Warnings and Dangers in Riga
- See All...
Explore the World
- Nutfield Priory Hotel And Spa
- Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion Hotel
- Hotel 't Spijker
- Quality Inn Altamonte
- Blue Tree Towers Faria Lima
- Grand Metropark Hotel
- Home Inn MoGanShan Road Hangzhou
- BCN Montjuic Hotel
- Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Airport
- Parkhotel Adler
- Settlers Beach Hotel
- Hotel Foz du Iguacu
- Hotel Caldin's
- Estanplaza Ibirapuera
Badges & Stats in Riga
- 30 Reviews
- 93 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Riga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Riga
Photos in RigaSee All Photos (93)
Read real reviews about Riga Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Riga Intro, 30 reviews, 93 photos
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Man Intro, 20 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Llanberis Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos
- Fes Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chefchaouene Intro, 16 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bodiam Intro, 15 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asilah Intro, 16 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rabat Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos
- Artá Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (7)
Latest Riga hotel reviews
- Reval Hotel Latvija
- 399 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Hotel Viesturs Riga
- 230 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Konventa Seta
- 176 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Best Eastern Victorija Hotel Riga
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 13, 2013
- Hotel Irina
- 70 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 14, 2013
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 18, 2013
- B & B Riga
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Radisson SAS Daugava Hotel Riga
- 195 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Valdemars Hotel Riga
- 202 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Royal Square Hotel & Suites Riga
- 43 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 1, 2013
- Toss Hotel
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 29, 2013
- Reval Hotel Ridzene
- 107 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- Dodo Hotel
- 145 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Hotel Garden Palace
- 115 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 11, 2013
- St. Peter's Church- 59 Reviews, 135 Photos
- Latvian Riflemen Monument- 14 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Old Town- 49 Reviews, 122 Photos
- Central Market- 23 Reviews, 59 Photos
- House of Blackheads- 37 Reviews, 75 Photos
- Freedom Monument- 46 Reviews, 95 Photos
- Art Nouveau Buildings- 30 Reviews, 77 Photos
- Dome Cathedral- 33 Reviews, 59 Photos
- Museum of the Occupation of Latvia- 27 Reviews, 52 Photos
- National Opera- 18 Reviews, 33 Photos
See All Riga Things to Do