"Vile, vile, vile..." Cala Millor by kit_mc

Cala Millor Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 56 photos

Tourist Hell

This place I'm putting up a page for mainly so that people have an idea of some of the worst excesses of the east coast of Mallorca.

I passed through here a couple of times to check out how the other half spend their hols. I hate to sound like a snob (what am I saying, I'm a dreadful snob!), but this really is the kind of place that you'd see on those Club 18-30 type programmes. Or maybe not, as it seemed populated by German families who frankly could be anywhere.

But plenty of perfume and cheap fags...

The most shocking thing in this place was that it could really have been anywhere. Almost all the restaurant signs and menus were in either German or English, I'm not sure I found anything actually in Castillian, yet alone Catalan. There is a huge beach, in Cala Millor's favour, but this is partly overshadowed by the huge tower block hotels lining the beach front.

Full of Duty Free type shops, dreadful souvenir shops and the worst restaurants... Unless of course you can't live without your Sky Sport, Stella Artois and English Breakfast...

The one good thing about this place was that I found a really cool pair of trainers. Notably the shop assistant almost fell over when I spoke in Spanish though!

• Last visit to Cala Millor: Sep 2005
  • Intro Written Jan 16, 2006

Comments

kit_mc

“And it hurts with every heartbeat...”

Badges & Stats in Cala Millor

Have you been to Cala Millor?

Latest Activity in Cala Millor