"Another inland gem" Capdepera by kit_mc
Capdepera Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 34 photos
... and you find yourself in the hill top town of Capdepera. This small town is made up of winding stepped alleys, almost all of them leading to the highlight of the town, the Castell de Capdepera. Built in the 14th Century as protection from pirates, it sits atop the village, flowering cactus clinging to the sides of the route up.
The fortress is remarkably well preserved and worth a visit, though be prepared to share very, very slim walkways on the battlements with fellow tourists. Take a deep breath if you're scared of heights because you'll be feeling rather precariously perched at times.
Parking in Capdepera isn't too hard, at least I found a few places to park for free although it was slightly out of tourist season which probably made it easier to find a spare space. There are a couple of easily accessed carparks though. The town can also be reached easily enough by bus from Arta, Cala Millor or Palma. I'd recommend that you plan your visit here as part of a daytrip by car to Arta as well though as after the Castle has been seen up close there isn't a lot else for someone on the tourist trail to do.
A visit to this town, or rather village, is likely to be a fairly quick one although there are a couple of restaurants about. Capdepera is by no means as large as it's hip brother Arta, about 8km east but makes a nice diversion if you're looking for some respite from the beach or the swimming pool.
This is one of a small collection of bars and restaurants in the tiny, sheltered main square, Placa de L'Orient in... more travel advice
kit_mc's Related Pages
Capdepera Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Capdepera
- Transportation in Capdepera
- Restaurants in Capdepera
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Capdepera
- 2 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Capdepera?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Capdepera
Photos in CapdeperaSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Riga Intro, 30 reviews, 93 photos
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Man Intro, 20 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Llanberis Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos
- Fes Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chefchaouene Intro, 16 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bodiam Intro, 15 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asilah Intro, 16 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rabat Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos
- Artá Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos