"The 31st Birthday Trip" Århus by kit_mc
Århus Travel Guide: 312 reviews and 722 photos
This trip was in order to celebrate my birthday. This has become a bit of a tradition for me now and thanks to budget airlines I can keep the costs down and use the cash to celebrate in style in a nice hotel and eat decent food!
Aarhus was my second time in Denmark. I've found Denmark to be one of the friendliest places I've visited and Aarhus was an especially friendly town. It's a nice mixture of old and new architecture, plenty of decent shopping and some fairly interesting museums.
Aarhus was a good plce to see in a weekend, though actually there was stuff that I would have liked to see but didn't get the chance. 'ARoS', the contemporary art museum was really impressive especially for a town this size and I'd highly recommend it.
There are plenty of nice restaurants in Aarhus too, I wish we'd had the opportunity to take advantage of more of them. Typically, we ended up planning the Saturday night so badly that we were too late for the restaurants we had in mind! The tourist office have a really good guide to local restaurants and another guide to museums, so worth paying it a visit if only to pick up these.
I reckon Aarhus would be an especially lovely place to visit in the summer. It seems like quite a liveable city, big enough not to be dull but small enough not to overwhelm the visitor.
A good one to do over the weekend when the cheap flight sales are on with random places you've no idea about!
- Pros:Pleasant and small enough for a nice wander.
- In a nutshell:To see on a weekend on a cheap flight deal!
This was not the first time I'd stayed in a Radisson and again I was ticked off before I'd even managed to set my bags... more travel advice
This museum is staged in the building used by the German forces during the occupation of Aarhus 1940 to 1945. As well as... more travel advice
kit_mc's Related Pages
Århus Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Århus : Den Danske By"
- "Århus: Denmark's second largest and youngest city"
- "Arhus - a place of our family-history"
- "Århus and Surrounding Attractions"
- "My hometown- at the moment"
- "The second city of Denmark"
- "Where i could spent summer like the queen does."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Århus
- Hotels in Århus
- Transportation in Århus
- Nightlife in Århus
- Restaurants in Århus
- Shopping in Århus
- Warnings and Dangers in Århus
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Århus
- 7 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Århus?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Århus
Photos in ÅrhusSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Riga Intro, 30 reviews, 93 photos
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Man Intro, 20 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Llanberis Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos
- Fes Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chefchaouene Intro, 16 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bodiam Intro, 15 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asilah Intro, 16 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rabat Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos
- Artá Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos