"The 31st Birthday Trip" Århus by kit_mc

Århus Travel Guide: 313 reviews and 730 photos

Another Ryanair Special!

This trip was in order to celebrate my birthday. This has become a bit of a tradition for me now and thanks to budget airlines I can keep the costs down and use the cash to celebrate in style in a nice hotel and eat decent food!

Aarhus was my second time in Denmark. I've found Denmark to be one of the friendliest places I've visited and Aarhus was an especially friendly town. It's a nice mixture of old and new architecture, plenty of decent shopping and some fairly interesting museums.

A Quick Race Around Town

Aarhus was a good plce to see in a weekend, though actually there was stuff that I would have liked to see but didn't get the chance. 'ARoS', the contemporary art museum was really impressive especially for a town this size and I'd highly recommend it.

There are plenty of nice restaurants in Aarhus too, I wish we'd had the opportunity to take advantage of more of them. Typically, we ended up planning the Saturday night so badly that we were too late for the restaurants we had in mind! The tourist office have a really good guide to local restaurants and another guide to museums, so worth paying it a visit if only to pick up these.

Good weekend deal.

I reckon Aarhus would be an especially lovely place to visit in the summer. It seems like quite a liveable city, big enough not to be dull but small enough not to overwhelm the visitor.

A good one to do over the weekend when the cheap flight sales are on with random places you've no idea about!

• Pros:Pleasant and small enough for a nice wander.
  • In a nutshell:To see on a weekend on a cheap flight deal!
  • Last visit to Århus: Feb 2005
  • Intro Updated May 2, 2005

Comments

kit_mc

“And it hurts with every heartbeat...”

Badges & Stats in Århus