"Nipping out to NSW" Bungendore by kit_mc
Bungendore Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 15 photos
I popped over to Bungendore for an afternoon with some friends who wanted to buy a nice wooden frame made out of indigenous Australian wood for their wedding photo. Apart from sounding like a mythical place out of Lord of the Rings, it's basically made up of just a few streets, represented here in my pics.
It seems to have a bit of a reputation as a place to browse around if you're into arts and crafts. The photo shop (pictured) has some impressive prints for sale at fairly reasonable prices. There's a second hand book shop and various craft shops, including, oddly, one selling Native American products. A north American 'Dreamcatcher' seems a little out of place in the land of Aboriginal Australians. Ok, Aboriginal peoples have The Dreaming but it's a tenuous link...
Not really a lot here to see, reflected by the lack of tips. Behind the main drag are a couple of bars. We went into the smaller of two, don't know it's name but it looks very 'Australian' (this place really is small so they may be the only two bars there!). It had a small veranda out front and out the back there'd been a band playing country and western music in an outdoor area. Managed to down a beer or two in what turned out to be a fairly nice pub. Always time for that.
Nice enough to stop of if you happen to be driving by, Bungendore is about a 20 minute or so drive from Canberra, over into NSW.
kit_mc's Related Pages
Bungendore Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bungendore
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Bungendore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bungendore
Photos in BungendoreSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Riga Intro, 30 reviews, 93 photos
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Man Intro, 20 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Llanberis Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos
- Fes Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chefchaouene Intro, 16 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bodiam Intro, 15 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asilah Intro, 16 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rabat Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos
- Artá Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos