"SAGADA: No other place on earth comes close" Top 5 Page for this destination Sagada by morgagni

Sagada Travel Guide: 692 reviews and 1,956 photos

Getting There via Banaue

(Disclaimer: The rates and prices quoted in this journal may not be accurate anymore)

There are two ways to get to Sagada. One is by taking the various buses bound for Baguio, and from Baguio, take the Lizardo buses going to Sagada. Manila to Baguio takes around 6-7 hours and costs P285, while the Baguio-Sagada trip usually lasts 7 hours and costs P189.

The alternate route, the one we (my sister Olive, my girlfriend Joy, and I) opted to take, is the Manila-Banaue-Bontoc-Sagada route. We took the lone 10pm trip of the Banaue-bound Autobus, starting from its terminal located in Sampaloc, Manila. The trip took around 9 hours, with two stop-overs- one in Bulacan, and another one in Sta. Fe, Nueva Vizcaya- and cost P257. I never knew that Nueva Vizcaya was a moutainous province until recently. I have always thought that just like Nueva Ecija, it was just purely flat land with vast ricefields. And also, Nueva Vizcaya had a cooler temperature than in the lowlands. I bet this leg of our trip would have been more exciting during daytime since it passes through the scenic Dalton Pass.....To view my complete journal on Sagada, go to: http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/5c598/

• Pros:CAVES (the best), falls, food, hanging coffins
  • Cons:terrible road to sagada (which actually adds to the excitement), 9PM-curfew
  • In a nutshell:Sagada is the best place in the Philippines!
  • Last visit to Sagada: Apr 2005
  • Intro Updated Mar 28, 2010

• angelitavsakane's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2008 at 11:15 PM

very nice ...ang galing mapa...

• GenuinelyCurious's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2008 at 1:06 AM

Really, really great and thorough tips. I wish we were all this clear and concise. Salamat po!

• morgagni's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2008 at 3:41 PM

for a copy of the map, i found this website: visitsagada.com/wp-content/u... . enjoy!

• Mar 14, 2008 at 1:09 AM

hi dr. morgagni, i found ur sagada trip inspiring and very informative. is it okay if i ask a copy of that map u use in ur trip?hope u could provide me a copy thanks so much. God Bless

• Cess8's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2007 at 9:48 AM

Rey, astig ang Sagada page mo, like only an travel OC can! Grabe, saludo! :)

• Pinoy_Traveller's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2004 at 3:12 AM

Wow, nice homepage....

• yellowediary's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2003 at 8:35 AM

Dear Morgagni, Just got down from Sagada today with my sister. Biggest thanks to you for your published itinerary. Would never have gone there without your details. Will share our pics and itinerary as soon as I have them readied. Thank you very much!

• Audrey118's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2003 at 11:29 PM

You have a fantasttic account of your trip to Sagada. We were there briefly n managed to enter Sumaguing caves.... Our stay at Mapiya-aw was really cool - we were the only guests!!! and we had a fireplace

morgagni