"SAGADA: No other place on earth comes close" Top 5 Page for this destination Sagada by morgagni
Sagada Travel Guide: 686 reviews and 1,932 photos
(Disclaimer: The rates and prices quoted in this journal may not be accurate anymore)
There are two ways to get to Sagada. One is by taking the various buses bound for Baguio, and from Baguio, take the Lizardo buses going to Sagada. Manila to Baguio takes around 6-7 hours and costs P285, while the Baguio-Sagada trip usually lasts 7 hours and costs P189.
The alternate route, the one we (my sister Olive, my girlfriend Joy, and I) opted to take, is the Manila-Banaue-Bontoc-Sagada route. We took the lone 10pm trip of the Banaue-bound Autobus, starting from its terminal located in Sampaloc, Manila. The trip took around 9 hours, with two stop-overs- one in Bulacan, and another one in Sta. Fe, Nueva Vizcaya- and cost P257. I never knew that Nueva Vizcaya was a moutainous province until recently. I have always thought that just like Nueva Ecija, it was just purely flat land with vast ricefields. And also, Nueva Vizcaya had a cooler temperature than in the lowlands. I bet this leg of our trip would have been more exciting during daytime since it passes through the scenic Dalton Pass.....To view my complete journal on Sagada, go to: http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/5c598/
- Pros:CAVES (the best), falls, food, hanging coffins
- Cons:terrible road to sagada (which actually adds to the excitement), 9PM-curfew
- In a nutshell:Sagada is the best place in the Philippines!
This map by PM Stephens really proved useful for us. more travel advice
It's advisable to pass through Banaue for the chance to see the world-famous Banaue Rice Terraces. From the town proper,... more travel advice
Written May 31, 2003
Sample Sagada Itinerary
Written May 13, 2005
Sagada Experience (May 15-18, 2003)
morgagni's Related Pages
Sagada Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sagada: My Nirvana"
- "Sagada? So how many times have you been back?"
- "Paradise Amidst Mountains"
- "Serene Sagada"
- "SAGADA: No other place on earth comes close"
- "Sagada High"
- "ON THE ROAD TO SAGADA!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sagada
- Hotels in Sagada
- Transportation in Sagada
- Nightlife in Sagada
- Restaurants in Sagada
- Shopping in Sagada
- Warnings and Dangers in Sagada
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sagada
- 23 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Sagada?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sagada
Photos in SagadaSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sagada Intro, 23 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hong Kong 16 reviews, 16 photos
- Macao Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Beijing 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Boracay Island Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Puerto Galera Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Wuhan 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Chicago 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Xiamen 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Anaheim 1 review, 4 photos