"Day of Water Treatment" Top 5 Page for this destination Karlovy Vary by mustardgirl

Karlovy Vary Travel Guide: 202 reviews and 679 photos

Karlovy Vary is the oldest and what I have heard of, also the most beautiful of Bohemian spas. So decided to check it out… It’s about 2 hours by bus from Prague and a perfect destination for daytrip…

It was great getting out of hot and crowded Prague and have a relaxing day amongst colourful villas and mountains and trees and lots of different kind of water…

There are 12 different warm springs in Karlovy Vary. Many say that there is also 13th - the local herb liqueur Becherovka. My lifesaver was a spring not mentioned in books – a pool with nice cool water and spectacular views overlooking the town. I will call it the 14th spring…

It was good being in a place where only the “chosen ones” were allowed during soviet time. The place has not lost its popularity amongst old “babuljas” with gold teeth, walking the streets and drinking “water of life” from their funnily shaped flasks...

• Last visit to Karlovy Vary: Jun 2003
  • Intro Written Nov 15, 2003

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2006 at 10:46 AM

Just checking out the town where some of the latest 007 scenes were shot!

• SURFIN7TH's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2006 at 11:09 AM

Killing couple of hours drinking cool beer and working on your tan. Now we're talking. Nice Page.

• Mandy23's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2006 at 11:20 PM

What a nice place. Thanks for your tips.

• MrBill's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2005 at 6:53 AM

I wish I would have had my digital camera back when I visited Karlovy Vary, but I have no scanner to build my own pages, so nice to recollect my memories from yours. Thanks. Cau. Bill.

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2005 at 4:48 PM

Super page on this colorful little spa town! I really wanted to visit this place when I went to Prague, but my husband isn't into spas - next time I'll take my sister! : )

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2004 at 3:08 AM

looks like you enjoyed this place as much as i do best wishes, looking forward to seeing more of your pages sourbugger

• Ben-UK's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2004 at 10:52 AM

As you say, it looks the perfect destination for a day trip from Prague -- very nice page, thanks.

• basstbn's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2004 at 8:13 PM

Nice page with good photos. Happy Birthday again!

• canuckmike's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2004 at 11:29 PM

Great pictures. Enjoyed your page.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2004 at 6:06 AM

Very interesting page. I knew the name of Karlovy Vary but I had no idea of how it was looking. Thank you !

mustardgirl

“the only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it... (O.W.)”

Badges & Stats in Karlovy Vary

Have you been to Karlovy Vary?

Latest Activity in Karlovy Vary