"Parga" Top 5 Page for this destination Parga by Lomma
Parga Travel Guide: 149 reviews and 424 photos
Parga is a small fishing village in the North of Greece, not so far from the Albanian border. Nearest airport is Prevesa, about 70 kilometers away.
Parga is really a nice spot to visit, and this year in 2005 will be our 10th time to Parga. It is hard not to go back if you get bitten by the Parga basille.
The whole area is interesting historically. The Epirus area is full of old greek mythology and things. The beaches are chrystal clear and the water is fresh and delicate. The small islands and cliffs in the water makes food for the eye. It is just so nice to sit and look at the nice views.
There are a couple of ways to get around by sea in the Parga region. You can either join the taxi boats that goes from the center to various beaches. Or you can do like us - rent a boat with skipper and let him (or her) take you around in the area. Promise you a great time!!!
In addition you have day cruises to Paxos and Anti-paxos and Corfu.
I can recommend Marco Polo, nice captain, sweet crew and they say - the dolphins like his boat!
This area is very nice to explore. The history goes way back and the Greek Mythology is very strong in this region.
The area itself is quite exiting. Mountains, nice beaches, archeological sites etc.
If you like the Greek mythology you must have heard about Hades and the river Styx.
Unlike the south this area has a lot of underwater coming up to the surface. You see infact huge areas of water around.
Rent a car and go around.
- Pros:Small village, friendly people, lovely beach and clear water, nice food and a wonderful green scenario around this atrium of a village with olive and orange trees
- Cons:Can sometimes face heavy fog early spring to mid June, and scooters
- In a nutshell:Gives you a kind of peace
Stefanos is both a great man of Parga as well as his fantastic fish taverna with the fantastic view over Valtos beach... more travel advice
A nice walk is to go up to the small church between Lichnos and Parga - far up on the hill, fantastic view from there more travel advice
Lomma's Related Pages
Parga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Parga - Pretty as a Picture"
- "Parga, a picturesque village and bay."
- "Parga, romantic and relaxing for great holidays!"
- "Parga in April (Page 2 of The Adventure Overland)"
- "Views of Parga"
- "charming parga"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parga
- Hotels in Parga
- Transportation in Parga
- Nightlife in Parga
- Restaurants in Parga
- Shopping in Parga
- Warnings and Dangers in Parga
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Parga
- 18 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Parga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parga
Photos in PargaSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parga Intro, 18 reviews, 38 photos
- Manchester Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Australia Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Botnhamn Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Crete Island Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Cyprus Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 1 review, 6 photos