"SUN SET PARADISE" Santorini Island by Lomma
Santorini Island Travel Guide: 1,570 reviews and 5,121 photos
After 10 new years My houseband and I went for our 20 year anniversary holiday to Santorini. Repeating ourselves from 10 years ago to this very special and fantastic place. Santorini is by far a spectacular place to visit and if you can try to spend at least one day in your life there just to experience the Greek Post Card effect then do it.
Again we stayed at the village Oia on top of Santorini and again we stayed at The Traditional House Esperas that is located at the very top of Oia - below the windmill and facing the Kaldera and you can also see Ios from there. At the bottom of the hill the small village Ammoudi Bay can be seen straight down from the balconys of the hotel.
The hotelrooms are buildt in caves and all diffrently and beatifully decorated.
The pool is also half way in a cave which made the whole place so great. No kids were allowed under 12 - which was also a thrill. No jumping and screeming kids around when you wanted just peace in mind.
The sunset of Oia was just lovely and reminded me a little bit of home (where it is also beautiful) We sat there every evening on our balcony and watched the sun go down in the sea with a glass of champagne.
If you brought your GOOD walking shoes with you to Santorini, take a walk along the Caldera cliff. Either from Fira (or sub villages along the route) to Oia or from Oia to Fira. Take about 2 - 3 hours. It is really recommended that you have good shoes. We met people with only slippers and bad shoes, and I think it may stirr up a good walkabout. The caldera walk is fantastic and the view is just magnifissent.
By far about 95 % of all Greek postcards must have been taken here...say no more...
- Pros:Beautiful, pittoresque, special, nothing like it
- Cons:Stairs, Labyrint, EXPENSIVE, not for kids at OIA.
Lomma's Related Pages
Santorini Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Awarded FIRST Most Beautiful Island for 2011!"
- "SMALL ISLAND - BIG WOW !!!!"
- "Cycladean Splendour"
- "Sunshine and Sunset in Santorini"
- "The spirit of Love!"
- "Santorini – A photographer’s dream"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santorini Island
- Hotels in Santorini Island
- Transportation in Santorini Island
- Nightlife in Santorini Island
- Restaurants in Santorini Island
- Shopping in Santorini Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Santorini Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santorini Island
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Santorini Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santorini Island
Photos in Santorini IslandSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parga Intro, 18 reviews, 38 photos
- Manchester Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Australia Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Botnhamn Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Crete Island Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Cyprus Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 1 review, 6 photos