"Stomping grounds revisited." Böblingen by Keelo

Böblingen Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 20 photos

I recently went to Boeblingen to visit my daughter , who lives in Ehningen. I was stationed there from Sept 1975 - Sept 1978 and again from Feb 1980- Feb 1983. I then got out of the Army and tried to make a go of it as a civilian. Back then the unemployment rate was very high and Americans were at the bottom of any list for a job. So I came back to California. So finaly I got a chance to go back. Allot has changed over the years. Even so , it was still the little city that I've grown to love very much. I realy enjoyed seeing all the old places and eating all the things that I havn't been able to find here. I was there when the town of Boeblingen celebrated thier 750th birthday ,which is pretty amazing when you consider America is only 227 years old. Was there for a couple of bierfest . Revisited the Black Forrest, Tubingen, Babenhausen and Bavaria. It was the best vacation to date. I look forward to future trips back. If your ever in the Stuttgart area , give Boeblingen and the surrounding area a look see.We also met VT member Silke while we were there. Had a great time at the Orfeum. I am currently having scanner problems and I will post pictures as soon as possible.

• Pros:Lots to do and see
  • Cons:Grafitti is starting to get out of hand
  • In a nutshell:A great little city without the hustle and bustle of Stuttgart.
  • Last visit to Böblingen: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Sep 11, 2003

Comments

Keelo

“Hit the Bricks”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Böblingen

Have you been to Böblingen?

Latest Activity in Böblingen