Las Vegas Packing List Tips by truesunn
Las Vegas What to Pack: 129 reviews and 88 photos
My Photography Gear
Luggage and bags: First off, travel as light as possible. Even the backpack bags get heavy quick! If you only have your large gear bag, I suggest the Tamrac Expedition 3 camera backpack. Lightweight, small in size and holds 2 lenses, body, flash unit and several rolls of film and filters.
Photo Equipment: I was completely equipped using only my 28-105mm IF lens. Everything in Vegas is so large, you would only be in need of a zoom or macro lens to take pics of the large cockroaches.
Definitely bring a polarizer if you intend on daytime shots, or time lapsed fountain photos. You could also get some great creative uses out of star filters and soft focus/diffusers.
At all costs BRING A MONOPOD. It will be nearly impossible to find a place to set up a tripod and expect to get anywhere. People are constantly bumping into you, and infront of your camera. One bump, and BYE camera as the tripod hits the ground.
You may not want to bother with a large flash unit if your SLR has one built in, most of the photography in Vegas will be time lapse evening, or very bright sunlight!
I used 800 film for the photos on this site. I am planning to take 1600 in July. I handheld the camera with fast film as opposed to lugging around my tripod. If you do choose to use slow film see monopod tip above ;)
Miscellaneous: Remember to bring an extra set of batteries incase of emergency and your lens cleaning kit incase of sand storm!
Luggage and bags: Pack as light as possible. Most airlines only allow one carry on and 2 checked pieces less than 50lbs total. Be sure to have your luggage tagged both outside AND inside incase of problems. Any books or publications should be spread out ontop of your clothing in the suitcase for easy, non-invasive security.
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Comfortable sandals or walking shoes. It is very very hot, shorts and tanks should work for summer, light jacket and jeans for winter.
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Sunscreen!!!!
Photo Equipment: Wide angle lens and lots of film. Everything in Vegas is HUGE, so a zoom lens probably won't be needed for most tourism. Remember, no photography in the gaming area!
Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Bathing suit
Miscellaneous: Bring a water bottle, and be sure to keep yourself hydrated. In 100 degree plus heat, it is easy to become overheated.
More Reviews (52)
- See All Go Downtown
- See All Magic Carpet Ride
- See All Excellent Cuisine and Service
- See All Beautiful Surroundings, Sub-par Service
- See All Bike Cop VS Baked Bum
truesunn's Related Pages
Las Vegas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Las Vegas - Always Updating!"
- "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!"
- "A tourists view of Las Vegas"
- "las vegas"
- "Vegas - City with a sleeping disorder"
- "Viva Las Vegas"
- "Las Vegas: An Escape From Reality"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Las Vegas
- Hotels in Las Vegas
- Transportation in Las Vegas
- Nightlife in Las Vegas
- Restaurants in Las Vegas
- Shopping in Las Vegas
- Warnings and Dangers in Las Vegas
- See All...
Explore the World
- Bajamar Hotels
- Steamboat Springs
- Coromandel Hotels
- Munyonyo Hotels
- David Hotels
Badges & Stats in Las Vegas
- 54 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 47 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Las Vegas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Las Vegas
Photos in Las VegasSee All Photos (52)
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 54 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Detroit Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dearborn Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Flat Rock Intro, 15 reviews, 7 photos
- Toledo Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Trenton Intro, 10 reviews, 2 photos, 1 travelogue
- Atlanta Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Cumberland Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Buffalo Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Windsor Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (7)
Latest Las Vegas hotel reviews
- Suncoast Hotel and Casino
- 440 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Blair House Suites
- 102 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Fremont Hotel & Casino
- 304 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 4, 2013
- El Cortez Hotel & Casino
- 547 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort, Spa & Golf
- 822 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Texas Station Gambling Hall
- 100 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Fiesta Casino Hotel
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Tropicana
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 9, 2013
- Budget Suites of America Paradise Road
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Jan 29, 2012
- Motel 6 - Las Vegas (Tropicana)
- 197 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport North Convention Center
- 220 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Alexis Park Resort
- 472 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Americas Best Value Inn-Las Vegas
- 152 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Sahara Las Vegas Hotel and Casino
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
- Binions Gambling Hall And Hotel
- 147 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 25, 2013
- Fremont Street Experience- 83 Reviews, 165 Photos
- Venetian Hotel - Casino- 139 Reviews, 306 Photos
- Mirage- 118 Reviews, 199 Photos
- Bellagio Fountains- 134 Reviews, 263 Photos
- MGM Grand- 62 Reviews, 109 Photos
- Caesar's Palace- 95 Reviews, 201 Photos
- Treasure Island Hotel - Casino- 59 Reviews, 115 Photos
- Lake Mead and Hoover Dam- 87 Reviews, 240 Photos
- Paris Hotel - Casino- 76 Reviews, 163 Photos
- Luxor- 74 Reviews, 136 Photos
See All Las Vegas Things to Do