"Land of My Birth..." Trenton by truesunn
Trenton Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 2 photos
I was born at the now defunct Riverside Hospital as was my daughter and brother!
I lived in Trenton my entire life up till 5 years ago when I moved to Flat Rock! I went through and graduated from Trenton Public Schools. We have an excellent high school hockey program! (State champs or top 4 for as long as I can remember!)
There is a very nice recreation center on West Road with 3 ice rinks and 2 pools, with a waterslide! They offer summer-long pool passes, and open skate in winter.
We have a few forms of entertainment. Teens like to cruise through Elizabeth Park, on the Detroit River, and many families hold their holiday picnics here.
The second week in July, every year, is the Trenton Street Fair, which houses a few hundred artisians and craftsmen including country crafts, jewelry and clothing! They have some great shishkabob and funnel cake stalls down there!
See my Tips for more details!
- Pros:Good school system, community activites offered
- Cons:Rather boring for young adults, not much economic opportunities
- In a nutshell:Trenton is a decent town to come up in, low crime and good schooling!
If you like to bike or rollerblade, head down to Westfield Park, which offers over a mile long bike/walk/rollerblading... more travel advice
I have not stayed at Best Western, but their conference rooms are very nice. There is a pool and a lounge on the... more travel advice
truesunn's Related Pages
Trenton Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Trenton
- 10 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Trenton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trenton
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 54 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Detroit Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dearborn Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Flat Rock Intro, 15 reviews, 7 photos
- Toledo Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Trenton Intro, 10 reviews, 2 photos, 1 travelogue
- Atlanta Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Cumberland Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Buffalo Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Windsor Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos