"Soaring Eagle Casino/Resort" Mount Pleasant by truesunn

Mount Pleasant Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 67 photos

Weekend Getaway!

We stayed at Comfort Inn University Park, which was $60 cheaper than staying at the actual resort, and only about 4 miles away! The room was clean, but our bathroom light was burnt out!!! We had to use the sunlamp!

Soaring Eagle is lodge themed, which is nice if you are an outdoorsy person, but I wasn't too impressed. It was EXTREMELY crowded.

We had to wait about 20 minutes to get an opening at a craps table, and I stood around looking for a black jack table about that long as well. In the middle of the craps game, they upped bets from $5-$10!!! Also, we all know when the dice lands on its spine on the chips, it is a misthrow and you shoot again... Oh no, not here, the pit boss declared it a crapped throw and everyone at the table lost money.

It is also EXTREMELY smoky in there!!! I am a smoker, and I was getting sick from it!

We ended up loosing $100 between raising the ante and calling crap on a misthrow. I don't think I would waste my time going up there again...

• Pros:The decor/theme is cool
  • Cons:Smoky, VERY crowded, Pit boss craps you out if the dice lands on the chips
  • In a nutshell:I wouldn't waste my time there again
  • Last visit to Mount Pleasant: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Aug 14, 2003

Comments

truesunn

“Bright light city gonna set my soul, gonna set my soul on FIRE!”

Badges & Stats in Mount Pleasant

Have you been to Mount Pleasant?