"Podunk, One Horse Town..." Flat Rock by truesunn
Flat Rock Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 7 photos
And that was to get the heck out of Dodge so to speak. I have lived in the same 10 mile radius my entire life... I grew up in an upper middle class city called Trenton,about 10 miles away. We have plans to build a modular home on acreage in KY or TN in the next 2-3 years, tho!
WOW, We have a website!
My backyard backs up to Oakwood Metro Park, which houses a plethora of local wildlife! Many nights you can hear the frogs and crickets chirping, and if you're very quiet, you hear the occasional deer moving through the brush! We have a small pond, it's frequently visited by small frogs and dragonflies from the park. It's a very nice place to visit, there is fishing permitted in the park, but no hunting!
Besides Oakwood Metro Park (the entrance to the park is actually up the road in Huron Twp), we have Huroc Park, down on the Huron River. People fish the river year round, with a steelhead run in the spring and another in the fall. There is a very nice walking path in the park.
The weather here stinks, particularly the winters. Whether it's snowing or not, you rarely see the sun from Mid Nov- Mid March. Temps generally fall below freezing daily in Dec and Jan. The winter months are in the mid-80's with fairly high humidity. They do say if you don't like the weather, wait five minutes!
For you gardeners, we are in Zone 5. We don't put the goods out in the garden until atleast mid-May. You will have to start your seeds indoors or in a greenhouse.
- Pros:Fishing the Huron River, Good Schools
- Cons:Weather, increasingly heavier traffic
- In a nutshell:The minute I can get out of here, I am!
There are antique buildings all over the town, especially on Gibralter Road and down near the river, across from Huroc... more travel advice
The Huron River runs right through Huroc Park, which has walking trails, picnic areas, fishing and playgrounds for the... more travel advice
truesunn's Related Pages
Flat Rock Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Flat Rock
- Transportation in Flat Rock
- Nightlife in Flat Rock
- Restaurants in Flat Rock
- Shopping in Flat Rock
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Flat Rock
- 15 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Flat Rock?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Flat Rock
Photos in Flat RockSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 54 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Detroit Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dearborn Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Flat Rock Intro, 15 reviews, 7 photos
- Toledo Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Trenton Intro, 10 reviews, 2 photos, 1 travelogue
- Atlanta Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Cumberland Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Buffalo Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Windsor Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos