"Historical Ruins" Top 5 Page for this destination Cortez by truesunn
Cortez Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 38 photos
On our way to Arizona, we stopped at several places in Colorado. One of the most impressive man made wonders I have ever seen are the Mesa Verde Ruins in Mesa Verde National Park.
Carved and built into the side of a mountain by native peoples, it is almost an unbelieveable site! My brother and I were discussing how small the doorways were, when a ranger overheard us and explained that the average woman was 5'0" and the average man was 5'4"!
You can find alot of information at their website at:
*There is alot of uphill walking on narrow pathways. If you have heart trouble or other health issues, you may want to consider this...
- Pros:Awesome historical area
- Cons:LOTS of walking uphill
- In a nutshell:Great day trip for families or nature/history lovers
truesunn's Related Pages
Cortez Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Resting Place in Southwest Colorado"
- "Basaic Cortez Page"
- "Historical Ruins"
- "Mesa Verde Nt'l Monument"
- "4 Squared"
- "gowest2000's new Cortez Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cortez
- Hotels in Cortez
- Transportation in Cortez
- Nightlife in Cortez
- Restaurants in Cortez
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cortez
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Cortez?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cortez
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 54 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Detroit Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dearborn Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Flat Rock Intro, 15 reviews, 7 photos
- Toledo Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Trenton Intro, 10 reviews, 2 photos, 1 travelogue
- Atlanta Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Cumberland Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Buffalo Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Windsor Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos