"Historic Monroe" Monroe by Travler409
Monroe Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 12 photos
It's a river. On its banks one of the most decisive battles of the War of 1812 was fought.
We started out for the Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio, but after a brief stop in Detroit, we changed our plans and headed to historic Monroe, Michigan. Monroe is the birthplace of General George Armstrong Custer- a noted US soldier for his military expertise and his eventual downfall at the Battle of Little Big Horn.
My good friends Kegger and Panooch are history buffs and like to use what they pick up on road trips in their lectures. On this day they would tell of three guys in their 40s afraid of a ten hour round trip drive and what they learned just off the highway in their own state, fifteen miles from Ohio.
- Pros:Quaint and historic
- Cons:Very much into its war heritage
- In a nutshell:Excellent for history buffs!
Travler409's Related Pages
Monroe Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Monroe
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Monroe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monroe
Photos in MonroeSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- China Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Virginia Beach Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos
- Dundee Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Cleveland Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos
- Pennsylvania Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos
- West Hollywood Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Minnesota Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Rochester Intro, 9 reviews, 2 photos
- Mackinac Island Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Cooperstown Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
No friends yet.
Latest Monroe hotel reviews
- Holiday Inn Express Suites Monroe
- 51 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013